• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapier

Marksman
    John boy Kerry is a hunter if you recall, crawls through the woods on his belly with a shotgun, hunting deer, I heard him say that. I will believe the return of the Gs when I see it.
    Ed

Fear21

Master
    I think the Garands were just kind of in limbo for a while, waiting on approval... pretty excited if this actually goes through. All the carbines are stuck there though, because of the "high capacity detachable magazine" they take. Lol. :der:

MAXman

Master
    Hope they make it.

Hope they droop to 500$ a piece.

I hope to grab up as many as I can get my grubby little hands on

flyandscuba

Master
    I expect that they will mostly be field or rack grade - if that good - simply because South Korea did not arsenal refinish them prior to storage like the US did to many of the ones that have been coming out of the CMP. They might be a greater proportion of HRA and IHC rifles though - which could be a positive thing if they have been stored properly. Even if they are parted out - it will making maintaining and shooting my Garands easier and less expensive! Any firearm coming back into civilian hands is a good thing. As far as them being "woefully inadequate" on the modern battlefield - I'm thinking a well trained and equipped company of men with Garands would be a formidable force against a group of ISIS apes "spraying and praying" with AK-47s and AK-74s... ;)

MAXman

Master
    Fly-n-scuba

We are essentially talking about a more rugged and reliable m14 that doesn't bother with the near useless select fire.
    It also doesn't bother with the extra wieght of external magazines. Not exactly a speedy reload, and only ten rounds.... But as a marksmen's rifle on a squad level I suspect it will keep up with anything else out there. As a standard issue service rifle it is not exactly ideal, but I'd wager it's more about the warrior and less about the tool(within reason, in wouldn't want Togo to war with a century built parts kit).

If they are serviceable and reasonable I suspect it'll replace my siminov as my citizens rifle. Or possibly just compliment.

mac the knife

Master
    Update 27-4-2015, this appears to be a story from 2012 and the import has been blocked by the Obama administration. Sorry folks

You have to read the last line of that article.

MAXman

Master
    Thanks guys. Next time pm me, I'll give you my address and you can come kick me in the pills in person.

Maybe they should ship em to the Middle East, I'm sure Korea will find a buyer in Pakistan or Dubai.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom