• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I've got a good bit of 9mm ammo with no 9mm handgun to shoot, and I've got around $600 to spend. I've decided I want a decent single action handgun, but I haven't been able to make up my mind. Looked at CZ's and EAA to name a few. I rode out to Kenny's Gun Room today, and after talking to him I feel more comfortable about buying online(never done it before). Looking for recommendations on guns, and websites to buy from. I don't really need the gun for CC or home defense, just looking for something that's fun to shoot. Let me know what your experiences are and all advice is welcomed.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was a Glock 19 for sale on here today, put the call out and someone will get back to you

I appreciate it, but I'm thinking I want to stick with single action guns. The 19 seems to be a practical CC type gun. I'm more looking for a fun range gun with a light trigger.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Walther PPX. WAY under $600 (CDNN Sports) and really a lot of fun to shoot. It's not single action, but you'll never know it.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Walther PPX. WAY under $600 (CDNN Sports) and really a lot of fun to shoot. It's not single action, but you'll never know it.
    Just watched a video. Looks cool as hell. I'll have to see if bass pro has one I can handle. Interesting grip design.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you checked Bud's Guns? Good prices and free shipping for most guns.

For a single action, maybe a 1911 in 9mm.
    I thought about it. Didn't know a good starting point. After handling tennjeep's cz I thought I was dead set on that. But maybe a SA Range Officer in 9mm might cure the itch.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    9mm 1911s have a very narrow window of tolerances in which they'll run properly. The platform just wasn't designed for the little bullets.
    CZs like Ian's Jogan's and AlabamaTitan's are sweet! A CZ 75 would be a solid choice.
    Me, personally, f I were to get a 9mm, it'd be a tuned, converted 92G, but I have issues.

Last edited:

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    9mm 1911s have a very narrow window of tolerances in which they'll run properly. The platform just wasn't designed for the little bullets.
    CZs like Ian's Jogan's and AlabamaTitan's are sweet! A CZ 75 would be a solid choice.
    Me, personally, f I were to get a 9mm, it'd be a tuned, converted 92G, but I have issues.
    The fact that Wilson combat offers a lot for Beretta's has nothing to do with that I'm sure. it seeks a bit big for my hands but for sure a good option. I guess what ends up being the best $$valuebmay win this.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe i oughtta sell the springer and add $$ to see what 1911 I can get. What kinda price range are 75's? I have no idea what's a good price.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    75's run anywhere from $450 used to $1500 for a race gun.
    AlabamaTitan would be the resident CZ expert.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a Springfield range officer 1911 9mm and it was a lot of fun. They run around the 700$ range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to have a 75. Wish I still did. I have PX4 Storm. Its sweet.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe a little higher than $600 but still worth a look

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1430027457558.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1430027457558.jpg
      117.1 KB · Views: 135

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't know why I'm shooting my mouth off about this, but I've shot a couple of CZ's and clones and yeah they feel GREAT and shoot better than I deserve. My only gripe is that I have smallish hands and there isn't a lot of slide to grab when you need to rack it. That kept me from buying a nice Tanfoglio clone a while back. Otherwise, a great choice.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't know why I'm shooting my mouth off about this, but I've shot a couple of CZ's and clones and yeah they feel GREAT and shoot better than I deserve. My only gripe is that I have smallish hands and there isn't a lot of slide to grab when you need to rack it. That kept me from buying a nice Tanfoglio clone a while back. Otherwise, a great choice.

I have "smallish hands" as well, and I certainly noticed that. If this gun was going to be used for personal defense in any way, that would probably stop me. But since I just want to burn through some ammo at the range, and mainly just scratch an itch, I don't think it will bother me too much. But the once or twice I've handled a CZ, I kind of looked at the slide with a puzzling look for a second because I wasn't sure how to grip it. I guess I'm used to my 1911 and XD's that I can basically palm the top of the slide to rack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom