Target Sports

Swap and shoot is a go!! JJ's place today!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sincere thanks to JJ and Nate for making this event possible.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just want to think all of the ones that came out to help set up and get things ready, And every one that came, and we had a good safe time , even if Frank didn't make it , just want to say we missed Stanley Hope every one had a good time, Had a couple of good things to gave away provided by Little Jack's. Just my 5 cents jj

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Had fun today. Thank you everyone. This was all JJ and those that helped him out. I didn't have much hand in the setup this year.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone listening to Gun Talk on AM 1330 today?

Someone just called in and was talking about JJ's swap meet and called us a bunch a yahoo's and decided not to go because they think we are not safe to shoot with?

He also stated that he would have had to ride with someone and could not leave if they were not having fun there.

He did not mention JJ or GCGF just said a meet at someone's 150 acre property... Sure did sound like us.

I am in a few days today's show will be avab to download. Here >>> http://www.guntalk.com/site.php

I was there and had a great time. Let's do it again... I think Nate was doing an excellent job keeping the range safe.

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Tail Chaser

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    jeff from navarre florida starts at 39 minutes 40 seconds for those that like to get straight to the point like I do
    Oh and just like Ken I to had a good time
    thanx to everyone who helped put it on

Tail Chaser

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just listened to his opinion of what may have happened at an event that he did not attend
    and from my first hand view I am fairly certain that Jeff would not have been the only one with eye and ear protection
    and I for one am totally amazed and astonished that I went to an event where I was unable to find the adult beverages
    but I did not see any Partakers
    great job Jeff attaboy to found your opinions and views from an event you did not even attend
    Sincerely a Yahoo (formerly known as a creepy ass cracker)

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I just finished listening to that segment. "Jeff from Navarre" sounds like a pansy to me. I have no idea who he is or what he is like, but from the statements he was making, he was doing a lot of conjecturing and assuming about something he was not going to take part in. He had no idea of what was actually going to happen out there. He did not really know any of the guys attending the event, so how could he make the assumptions that he did? He says he is a retired Marine and for him, it is safety, safety, safety. That is all well and good, but he how does he know that the others were not thinking the same thing? How would he know what the environment would be? It almost sounds like he was wanting to find a way to wimp out and try to make himself look like a man doing it. Although it was never said what and where this event was, one can ascertain that it was the shoot and swap meet at JJ's. I really wish I had been able to attend. I am very sure everyone had a safe and enjoyable time.

I will say this, I am a former Marine and I like to be safe as well, but safety is the responsibility of the individual. If eyewear and hearing protection is required, you wear it. I would not shoot without it, but that is my choice. There has been many times I was glad I wear glasses. To me, hearing protection is essential. I know what shooting is like without them. When I was in the Marine Corps and we were doing ops, you did not have ear protection. You had to tough it out. The range was different. Ear protection was mandatory. I hope that "Jeff from Navarre" gets over his pouting and puts his man-pants back on.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Isn't that funny. Just the nicest bunch of folks - I don't think I heard a single cuss word, no alcoholic beverages, no loudmouths, and plenty of laughter. The only way anyone could make a negative comment is if they weren't there.

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone pm me with who this is, I want to make sure I never do business with them, obviously "Jeff" is really not a member of this forum or he would know what happens at these events. What a idiot! Mark

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two or three of the guys even forgot hearing protection and weren't going to shoot because of that reason. I had extra packs of ear plugs I gave them so they could shoot. Nobody was being unsafe.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That very well may be, could just be a coincidence. Besides those who attended attesting to seeing no unsafe behavior or alcohol, none of them have mentioned seeing any actual yahoos there either.:lol:

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    He couldn't have been talking about our meet. because I don't have 150 acres , don't even have 50, but glad he didn't went to come to ours, He sounds like someone that would sue W/W for not having wind break in the parking lot, so it wouldn't blow him down going to his car. He needs to stay home , there are drunk drives on the road, that he can't see, and can't just go home from. Just my 5 cents jj

Top Bottom