• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes I originally shot my 308 yesterday. Before the rain started. Around 8am till about 1030am. Then the rain started. All I have done today was load up 100rds of one of my tests yesterday.

Doc

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    there we go, back on track...sorry for the confusion, where are you shooting on the base?

No, the bay county range. They have good overhead coverage. Also I go early, first thing, so I can shoot in peace. 3 weeks ago a yahoo was there with an AK and was hitting the wooden beams at least than 25yrds. I couldn't believe it. No buttstock against shoulder, no sight picture. Just blasting away.

Doc

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Really, they allowed that? I have not been there yet, never can figure out when they are open, still going to bullet and bones

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Really, they allowed that? I have not been there yet, never can figure out when they are open, still going to bullet and bones

They didn't allow it. The guy has been banned. The range safety had just went to look at someone's weapon malfunction, guess the jackass thought he had left and started to just pop off rounds. As soon as I heard it, my adrenaline dumped. Thought some maniac had decided to open fire on the firing line hearing the impacts on the wood. Crazy shit.....

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That is why I hate public ranges. Im glad my work has a range.

But yes, I hate public ranges too. We are allowed to use the bay county sheriffs departments range over on 77. We have a set of keys for it. Only bad thing is it's only 25 yards. Nothing long range. We give them CPR/first aid classes for free and they let us use their range. It's not bad if you are shooting handgun only. I'd love to find a place to shoot out to 500-600 yards.

Doc

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The range at work is 350yds. Once I feel good enough there I talked a relative into letting me shoot on his property. It has a man made rectangle lake that is over 1000yds long with clear roads down either side I can shoot on.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The range at work is 350yds. Once I feel good enough there I talked a relative into letting me shoot on his property. It has a man made rectangle lake that is over 1000yds long with clear roads down either side I can shoot on.

Let me know if you ever need company out there. I'd love to open my guns "legs" up and see what she can do!

Doc

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

great shooting with you Saturday. I would be glad to help you with your reloading. would also love help "try em out "at your work range

Top Bottom