• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If your local Walmart is carrying the ZQI 7.62x51, I suggest you take a look and maybe stock up. I've used the ammo and it's pretty good for plinking and I've been picking it up for $9.97 per 20. I can't find steel cased ammo for that price online mostly right now. And this is brass cased and re-loadable.

Just a heads up that the ammo may soon be gone from Walmart shelves since they have discounted it from 17.99 to 9.97 per 20. I've even read of some walmarts selling this stuff for 6.97 per 20 which is ridiculous. But once it's gone out of the supply chain of Wally world, it's gone.

If you can find any of the other calibers of the ZQI at wally world, stock up! While I have found it not the best, it's defiantly completely good for cheap plinking ammo.

From ZQI:

We really appreciate all of you who have expressed genuine interest in the future of ZQI Ammunition as it has become apparent in recent weeks that there is almost no ZQI SS109 remaining in Walmart stores. At the same time, I want to be very clear in refuting the partially lingering assumption that we are CHOOSING to leave Walmart and correspondingly to increase our prices significantly.
    I would like to set the record straight once more…
    $0.33 was an artificial price from the get-go, and we could never, at any time in the past, have made a business by selling SS109 to anyone for that price, let alone less. Therefore, it is not as though we have a choice to stay in Walmart but are choosing to leave. We don't have a choice, because there is no possible way for us to sell this ammo to Walmart in a way that enables Walmart to continue retailing it for $0.33. This $0.33 retail price was offered for a time entirely courtesy of Walmart. It was a clearance price. We can’t be the cheapest SS109 ammo on the face of the earth going forward -- for one, our products are cleaner burning than the SS109 that can be made the cheapest, and you can expect them to be more consistently reliable, since not a single round of ZQI SS109 is knowingly sold as a NATO STANAG reject.
    Does the burden remain on us to compete for and win a sustainable place in the market going forward? Absolutely, and we are up for the challenge.
    With that, I'll reiterate my offer to anyone who would like to see ZQI Ammunition for sale on the shelves of their local gun store for a competitive price. Fill out our Recruit-a-Dealer form found at the link below, and receive a reward if the dealer you recruit makes an initial purchase from us by June 1st.
    http://zqiammo.com/recruit-a-dealer/

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We all need to past what is in stock for the going price...I will post soon from the Wal*mart in the Pace /Milton area...

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've been shooting the 5.56 for awhile, never an issue. Great ammo for the money

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    pace Walmart is out of the 7.62 x51. there is lots of the ss109 and some 9 millimeter. after sales tax the prices aren't too bad but you can still find a cheaper online if you buy in bulk.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Found some at the Wal*Mart on Hwy 29 near Nine Mile Rd in P-cola today around 10 am...picked up a few boxes of the 5.56 .

zqammo.jpg

Attachments

• zqammo.jpg
      zqammo.jpg
      68.9 KB · Views: 197

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It may change but that's where I get mine and they stay pretty well stocked. Unless some crisis is started by spreading an email...;)

Scardog7

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It may change but that's where I get mine and they stay pretty well stocked. Unless some crisis is started by spreading an email...;)

That's funny. Also, the photo has the reflection of the photographer. And, that ZQI ammo has to be the most poorly packaged ammo. Re-tapeing of the boxes adds $0.002 more per the cost of a round.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's funny. Also, the photo has the reflection of the photographer. And, that ZQI ammo has to be the most poorly packaged ammo. Re-tapeing of the boxes adds $0.002 more per the cost of a round.
    Maybe so...still cheaper than AE stuff. And I don't wear glasses...

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I guess they don't use non reflective glass there...hahaha didn't even notice my reflection w/reading glasses...

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just checked my local Wally, nope none in stock. The salesperson I talked to said they have not had any for a long time now. Wonder why some store gets them and others don't.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    pace Walmart is out of the 7.62 x51. there is lots of the ss109 and some 9 millimeter. after sales tax the prices aren't too bad but you can still find a cheaper online if you buy in bulk.

Nate,

Point me to where I can find brass .308/7.62x51 for less than $0.50 a round and I'll buy a bulk load. I can find steel at that price. But not brass!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The 7.62 is an awesome deal!!

The 9mm and ss109, after tax are just ok. if I thought they were good prices I would have bought out of the pace in nine millimeter and ss109.

if I can find brass cased 762 for less than 55 cents around I'm going to buy it

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 7.62 is an awesome deal!!

The 9mm and ss109, after tax are just ok. if I thought they were good prices I would have bought out of the pace in nine millimeter and ss109.

if I can find brass cased 762 for less than 55 cents around I'm going to buy it

I bought my Navarre Walmart out of the stuff a few weeks ago. Got almost 700 rounds or so. Shooting my .308 for fun just was not fun at .75 or more per trigger pull. .50 per pull is a little better.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if they have them in Niceville...or maybe Navarre has restocked some.

Top Bottom