• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is free to just come and watch..but that's not any fun! Tomorrow's match isn't the standard IDPA match though it's a special month for rifle/handgun.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It is free to just come and watch..but that's not any fun! Tomorrow's match isn't the standard IDPA match though it's a special month for rifle/handgun.

Since I have never been to one, I just want to check it out to make sure that I can participate later on...I just don't want to show up and be "that guy" not prepared and looking like an ass. By the way, what time do matches start? And what range is it being held at...I couldn't find it in this thread.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I have to say anything about the group of guys from the forum that shoot out there and the IDPA club in general is that it's an excellent group to start at. I've never felt like I was going to be the that guy or get made fun of for my gear or anything. Shoot what you got and have fun. As long as you're safe everyone is always there to help out. For the gun matches all you need is eye/ear pro, gun, holster, 3 mags, and ammo. They'll coach you through everything.

Just watch out for anyone from this forum that is there and has a beard.....they can get kinda weird sometimes. If you show up you're going to be dying to shoot. Might as well bring it. It's my first time shooting rifles out there and i'm also going to be using my officer 1911 so i'll be setting the bar pretty low lol.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    No one has ever been allowed to be "that guy" and look like an ass. New shooters are helped through the process and treated with a gracious welcome. There's really nothing to it more than nerves.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I went and watched last fall and everyone was great. I wish I had brought my gear. I have shot 2 or 3 matches up there since then and every one is very helpful. If you decide to shoot, just let someone know you are new they will show you the ropes.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm on the way..if I'm waking up at 630 on a weekend it's going to take more than a tornado watch to stop me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's the spirit!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom