• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A new wrinkle for this month's matches - BOTH match days will be our new TWO-GUN match, that is Rifle and pistol. The setup of the stages will probably be different between the two days so that anyone who shoots the first match doesn't have an advantage over those who didn't have the opportunity to shoot the first one.

Please make sure you have a SLING for your rifle because you will TRANSITION to your pistol. This is not a THREE GUN match where you put down your rifle or shotgun after you shoot it. You will need to SAFELY sling your rifle and draw your pistol for the remaining pistol targets. You will need at least two rifle magazines and at least two pistol magazines for FORCED reloads. Round count for rifle will be about 30 and 12 for pistol PER STAGE. Figuring on three stages - no side match.

Looking forward to seeing you there.
    Mike Robinette

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do I find non-armor piercing ammo for the 5.56. I know about the green tips but I accidentally bought some armor piercing that did not have green tip. If I stick to purchasing 223 would that eliminate the worry?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Walmart has some ZQ1 5.56 that I've shot plenty of. 55gr brass cased

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dang. I'm going to have to work April 25th, so I'm going to miss this and the K&M match. I'm trying to decide between shooting this match on the 19th or the USPSA match on the 18th....

MaddMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, darn. I find something I like and now I have to wait a month to shoot again, Where is the next closet IDPA match this month? (I don't do rifle)

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, darn. I find something I like and now I have to wait a month to shoot again, Where is the next closet IDPA match this month? (I don't do rifle)
    That's a shame. The 2 gun matches are the most fun thing I've done with guns thus far.
    Maybe Bullets & Bones? Mike? Bob?

MaddMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just sight them in for people. lol I don't own a tactical rifle. Yeah, yeah, I know...what's a guy that lives in rural South Alabama doing without a tactical rifle??? Well, do I get a pass since I AT LEAST have a range, right?? Haha

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I just sight them in for people. lol I don't own a tactical rifle. Yeah, yeah, I know...what's a guy that lives in rural South Alabama doing without a tactical rifle??? Well, do I get a pass since I AT LEAST have a range, right?? Haha
    Kudos on the range for sure.
    I've got a sweet you're welcome to run. It's even set up for proper sized shooters. ;)

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    MaddMan: - Now you have no excuse, so just get your butt out there and have fun with the rest of us. Once you shoot the match, then you'll have an excuse (if you need one) to buy one. "But Honey, all the other guys have one and we can use it here at the house after a hurricane. I'll shoot the rifle, while you back me up with the pistol !" Now how can she resist that? You jumped in with the pistol at the match, now jump in all the way with both feet up to your neck!

MaddMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    lol @ Hipower...you guys drive a hard bargain. I am sure I will see you guys there. But I may show up with a rifle. (damn it guys!!!)

Top Bottom