• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For those of you who may have on ATN has issued a software update to fix several problems including the retical issue.

Idoono

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Surprised that you posted this before the X-Sight fanboyz hanging 'round cheer.

Anyway ... for some unholey reason I got one also. With all the "key features" wonder how they ever sold them in the past. WAIT !! I know why ,,,,, nevermind. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The ATN folk pushed this as a NDV that would literally do it all. Do it all EXCEPT allow you to effectively hunt at NIGHT. Using a $49.NcStar you can hunt during the times of sufficient ambient light. This NVD (IMO) sold due to it: 1.it being able to record the target/shot. But it did not show where the crosshair was centered (DUH ??). 2. and 3. and 4. and 5. etc,etc,etc.

Then it had all sorts of shit that the average hunter did not need,has never needed,and will never need(unless he is the "Reluctant Outdoorsman" type). Yep,this guy is the guy that ATN was directly marketing the X-Sight to. With the Wi-Fi,GPS,altimeter,Blue Tooth,Storm Alert,Wife Gone,Need Gas,Need Beer,Ammo Gone,Gotta Fart,and the other alerts that were built into the device that ATN thought would sell it. You know what,they were right. The NV "guru's" had an immediate hard on for this unit. They bubbled and blubbered over it. Some made it sound that the thermal users just waisted their money when the X-Sight could accomplish the same thing. Yeah Right !!

This forums fanboyz have been quiet of late ... however ... some of the other forums fanboyz are still flappin' their gums over this innovative piece of night hunting "gold". Hope this unit finally works out for the people that really need/want one. Hope this unit is worth the aggravation. For me .. it would not be. Just as soon as I started having problems I would have sent it back for a FULL refund. After all,I wouldn't want to be the last "rat" leaving a sinking ship. --- SAWMAN

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got the 5-18 and have not had any of the issues posted by the folks who got the 3-12 x-sights. I have only played with it so far. That's all it is....just a toy. It did zero ok at 100 yards and shot pretty good.

Idoono

fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I bought the 5x18 brand new. I followed ALL instructions, videos, and forums and the thing would not one shot zero to save its life. I wasted 32 rounds from 25 yards out and it would not even hit the cardboard I had the target attached to. I know my firearm was zeroed correctly as it would hit with iron sights and with a 3x9 Bushnell I had laying around. I sent it back to Optics Planet along with the IR Illuminator I bought with it. I had hell getting a refund on the X-Sight but finally did. However they would not give me a 100% refund on the IR as they said it was damaged and it was my fault. I never even mounted it. I was not damaged in any way. I opened it and put the batteries in it and made sure it worked. I got 75% back on the IR as they charged me a restocking fee of 25%. I wonder how they restock a damaged item LOL. Needless to say I would not consider buying from Optics Planet again. The X-Sight is a piece of junk. Maybe once they really do get all of the BUGS out of it the it might be something, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom