• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am on a thread on Facebook (US Army) The question was "Should we make military service madatory for the US?". The majority of the vets on here have said yes! Goes against the oath they sworn to protect. It completely baffles me. Here is a screen shot of some of the comments.

Attachments

• brandon.png
      brandon.png
      25.1 KB · Views: 310
    Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not only yes but HELL YES. I don't remember what year they stopped the draft but in my mind it was a big mystake. There are a few countrys that require it and sounds like a good idea to me.

Teaches young people some responsabilty(SP). Teaches them to take some pride in themselves and how to work with other people and yes gives some a family.

If there was a vote for it I would be the first in line to vote for it

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not only yes but HELL YES. I don't remember what year they stopped the draft but in my mind it was a big mystake. There are a few countrys that require it and sounds like a good idea to me.

Teaches young people some responsabilty(SP). Teaches them to take some pride in themselves and how to work with other people and yes gives some a family.

If there was a vote for it I would be the first in line to vote for it
    Ever read the constitution? Also you say the draft is a mistake..... but you would still vote for a law to instill forcing someone to joing the military....... Besides the "teaches young people reponsibility" what are your other reasons? You also realize that this stripts citizens away of their freedom that was instilled on us by the founding fathers.

Last edited:

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me: 20yrs USMC
    I think it is a great idea, but the fact is it would make the military worse-not this crop of kids better. Some of them certainly, but having parents that actually gave a crap to raise their kids would serve more to grow up this generation. Immature parents make immature people.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay for the people that say yes. I am giving two examples.
    Military comes to your door and says we made a new law you have to join the military after school......
    Next example:
    Military comes to your door and says we are taking your firearms........

but we all agree that they would have to kill us before they get our firearms right then why would you vote for something that would make a citizen do something that is unconstituional.

What is the difference...... NONE they are stripping you of your rights.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brandon, Maybe you should read alittle better. I said it was a mystake to stop the draft. Maybe some don't remember the time that people were given a choise..Join the mil or go to jail,and it strightened some of them out.

Would it make the mil worse.I don't know and neither doe's anyone else. If they don't strighten out then throw them in jail. Even in my time if you had gotten into much trouble they would'nt draft you.

You are taught a skill and do have to go to work even if it is just painting equipment and going on marches. Remember you had to do your laundry and take a shower and you did't wear your pants at half mast.

If I remember the draft was for 2 years active and I still think most people came out better as a person than when they went in.
    But then again I enlisted and am damn proud that I did and wouldn't take my time doing it for anything. When I grew up people had a requirement for 2 years active service IF you were called. It was just a fact of life.

As for going aginst the consitution I have no Idea about that.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brandion,I have no idea why you are on such a rant about serving your country,and that being a requirement. Sounds like you want something for nothing. All the freedoms we have have been won by people in uniform.Granted,some didn't want to be in uniform.

If you didn't want to go you were a draft dodger and could figure it out ,you didn't even have to leave the country, Knock some gale up and get married. Go to college to become a PE teacher. Hell break into a building and get thrown in jail for awhile,they wouldn't take you.

I think I will just sit back and wach you rant for awhile.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think that most people would benefit from two years in the service, obviously, but to make it a federal law that requires someone to serve in the military goes against everything this country and constitution stand for, FREEDOM. The ONLY time military service should be mandatory is a draft and only in dire circumstances, like the impending WW-III when our military force will be streched so thin.

There is a reason we are considered to have the strongest military force in the world and a huge part of that reason is we are 100% volunteer and the people are serving want to be serving for the most part. I sure as hell wouldn't want some dip shit pussy, that would otherwise be wearing makeup and skinny jeans and screwing bunny rabbits in his free time, going into battle me where my life might depend on his ability to keep his shit together under fire.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brandon, Maybe you should read alittle better. I said it was a mystake to stop the draft. Maybe some don't remember the time that people were given a choise..Join the mil or go to jail,and it strightened some of them out.

Would it make the mil worse.I don't know and neither doe's anyone else. If they don't strighten out then throw them in jail. Even in my time if you had gotten into much trouble they would'nt draft you.

You are taught a skill and do have to go to work even if it is just painting equipment and going on marches. Remember you had to do your laundry and take a shower and you did't wear your pants at half mast.

If I remember the draft was for 2 years active and I still think most people came out better as a person than when they went in.
    But then again I enlisted and am damn proud that I did and wouldn't take my time doing it for anything. When I grew up people had a requirement for 2 years active service IF you were called. It was just a fact of life.

As for going aginst the consitution I have no Idea about that.
    Yes I did read that wrong at first I apologize but yes it was two years because Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution States that it is a maximum of 2 years. It baffles me though how so many vets think yes but it goes against what this country stands for.

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We could go all Heinlein/starship troopers (book)and award citizenship after a minimum time in service.

If we did that though. We'd all be wearing Nazi type dress uniforms and taking orders from pre gay Doogie Hauser(movie).

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I like the 2 years of mandatory service, but few today would I want in the Military, so it would have to be service to the country, civilian or Military. I enlisted during the draft, I would have never been drafted but had a family heritage and Love of Country. I don't believe that is taught in schools or by many parents today.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've worked with guys that "I didn't have anything to do after high school" or there parents went to the recruiting office and begged the recruiter to recruit them....pass. They are extremely hard to manage and with smaller units (5-20 people) they will kill any type of morale and team building possible. I could only imagine what a person in this generation would be forced to do.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My thought is that it would cost this country way to much money to take two years to discipline most of the kids today. Most are in terrible health , have spent little if anytime in the outdoors, Most have no persons in there life that institute any type of leadership quality.

A draft now would be a waste of this countries money. Money and resources are best spent on those that want to be in the service.

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "My thought is that it would cost this country way to much money to take two years to discipline most of the kids today. Most are in terrible health , have spent little if anytime in the outdoors, Most have no persons in there life that institute any type of leadership quality.
    A draft now would be a waste of this countries money. Money and resources are best spent on those that want to be in the service. "

I spent a little time in the Military and in Recruiting and you just described most military personal I know and their circumstances prior to enlisting or getting a commission. Little to nothing has really has changed, you have the personnel that want to service and you have the one that see the military as the last resort...last time I looked they are all doing ok after a little time in uniform........

I served for many years, and during that time I spent my fair share doing something I really might not rather have been doing, but like most/many other people I know, they have those same days where they worked(not in the military).

I can only hope that in the greatest time of need, Americans will defend this Great Country...

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes I did read that wrong at first I apologize but yes it was two years because Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution States that it is a maximum of 2 years. It baffles me though how so many vets think yes but it goes against what this country stands for.

Yes, but look at what the draft did. Just that, made it mandatory. So then in essence the draft is unconstitutional. But many times in history the draft was used to defend our country(or at least support our cause as to why we were there).

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Why would this country need mandatory service? I mean, unless they were planning on cutting pay and benefits. Last I heard, every branch could afford to be choosy about who they let in. Is that not still the case?
    When you have a waiting line of volunteers, you don't need to make service mandatory.

Top Bottom