• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Congressional and public pressure results in the ATF abandoning their plan to ban the XM855 ammunition!

Good job guys - BHO finally caves in to public pressure!

latch

Marksman
    Yup. If you think this is the end of that effort, you probably watch the daily show for your news.

flyandscuba

Master
    I hope that Lake City puts the machines into overdrive 24/7 and crank out as much of the stuff as possible. Anyone who paid more than 35 cents per round was behind the curve and reacting to the proposed ban. Anyone who flipped it for more than 55 cents per round is an opportunist for sure.

I checked my storage unit yesterday - plenty of this stuff in there for my needs, but if it drops below 35 cents per round now that the ban has been postponed (?) - I'd add a bit more to my stock.

The Walmarts up here had 1000rd cases for $350 by the pallet a couple of weeks ago. It may take some time for the supply to catch back up after this most recent panic buying spree.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    I applaud all the ammo buyers that bought the armor piercing round at double the price. So when the price goes back down to normal. They won't have so much money to buy up all the freaking ammo. :clap2:

bohica793

Master
    Ok, just for argument's sake: This ammo is already banned as the exemption it previously had in the regulations is no longer in the currently published regs. So, while they say we are no longer going to pursue this, in reality, they already accomplished their goal. Until the published regulations are corrected, they hold the force of law. The Supreme Court has previously ruled that while laws may contain typos which change the interpretation of the statute, it is not the job of the court to divine what the original intent was, only to enforce the law as written.

Don't relax and declare victory just yet.....

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Ok, just for argument's sake: This ammo is already banned as the exemption it previously had in the regulations is no longer in the currently published regs. So, while they say we are no longer going to pursue this, in reality, they already accomplished their goal. Until the published regulations are corrected, they hold the force of law. The Supreme Court has previously ruled that while laws may contain typos which change the interpretation of the statute, it is not the job of the court to divine what the original intent was, only to enforce the law as written.

Don't relax and declare victory just yet.....
    You beat me to that. I was about to do a copy and paste of their new reg.

flyandscuba

Master
    Even the CMP was selling the stuff in lots of 300 rounds at 55 cents per round as late as yesterday. They have since sold out.

My prediction will be that although now not banned, the administration will prevent the sales of "surplus" XM855 ammo by the government for retail sale unlike what was done in the past.

Likewise, any new contracts for production for the military might include a prohibition if selling "production over run" XM855 for retail sale.

Both will drive up the cost to the consumer.

The ATF carefully worded their pull back as "no ruling at this time". Maybe later they'll sneak it in somewhere - or wait in hopes that some nut case will use the XM855 in a shooting spree, possibly against LEOs defeating an officer's body armor. If such a "we told you so" shooting does occur in short order, I'd wonder aloud if it was staged by a "sleeper" operative... ;)

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    To all the people who cleared the shelves at the high prices, the jokes on you. To all the people who sold for the high prices, f--k off!

Doc

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Just curious how many people actually use the M855 for target practicing or plinking? Of course it shouldn't be banned but I have never been able to justify paying and extra $40-$50 per 1000 rounds when I can just shoot a 55gr FMJ load.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Just curious how many people actually use the M855 for target practicing or plinking? Of course it shouldn't be banned but I have never been able to justify paying and extra $40-$50 per 1000 rounds when I can just shoot a 55gr FMJ load.

I use it or either the ZQI ammo. It's cheap since I usually can't buy bulk.

Just Dave

Marksman
    To all the people who cleared the shelves at the high prices, the jokes on you. To all the people who sold for the high prices, f--k off!

Doc

Couldn't have said it better myself. I thought we were all supposed to be on the same side. Apparently we're not, and all of you gougers should take note of your actions the next time you stick a hand out when you need help from a house fire, hurricane, or anything else you want help for, for free. Hope you enjoy your measly earnings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow Bird

Master
    Damn,I had 150 rounds I was going to retire on again and now this comes up.DAMN...LOL

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    I don't mind helping people out. I've given away many things on this forum and others without wanting/asking for anything in return. That's because I still believe there is good people out there and we need to stick together in our community here. But when I see gougers out there fucking over a fellow member because of a "scare" and they want to make a profit from it, it just makes my blood boil.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    I use it or either the ZQI ammo. It's cheap since I usually can't buy bulk.
    I see what you are saying. I tend to buy my ammo in bulk and see the difference in the price when you do that and was curious. All does the same to me makes the plate go ping or punches holes through paper lol

Top Bottom