• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hot Iron

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 357 rds of Chinese 8mm 154 gr. Brass Cased Ball ammo packed loose in a Collectible US 30 cal. WWII ammo can ( can is made for mounting on a browning belt fed MG ) for $200 The WWII can alone is worth over $30.

8mm Mauser ammo has become very hard to find now. This is very nice clean full power ammo.

Call or Text 850-982-4914

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    tempting... but my old 8mm barrel is shot out...lands and grooves look like hills and valleys..

got any m2 ball/garand food ammo? non corrosive?

Hot Iron

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do have Garand food but I don't sell it, especially non corrosive. Corrosive or noncorrosive I don't care what it is as long as it is clean. or cleans up nice I keep it. Really big bucks might buy an original sealed 192 rd spam can of US M14A1 30-06 however. On the 8 mm side Oneshot has a really nice Turkish Model 1939 made in 1940 for sale. Then you could shoot my 8 mm ammo :)

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    8mm ammo has what type of primer...? Corrosive or non corrosive? You bet this ammo is hard to find...I guess the older surplus ammo is drying up... I have a WWII German Mauser late war bring back (no import stamps) I picked up a few yrs ago for my Dad...it was hell finding non commercial surplus stuff...

Hot Iron

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    8mm ammo has what type of primer...? Corrosive or non corrosive? You bet this ammo is hard to find...I guess the older surplus ammo is drying up... I have a WWII German Mauser late war bring back (no import stamps) I picked up a few yrs ago for my Dad...it was hell finding non commercial surplus stuff...

Being all of this is military surplus ammo from the 40s and 50s it is all Corrosive Berdan Primed. There is very little Boxer primed non-corrosive 8X57mm military ammo out there. Canada made some 8mm that is Boxer primed and I have some left (not selling it) that was made in WWII. The primers are very hard to get out and sometimes the decapper breaks or punches through the primer leaving it in the case. They are very good cases and reload nicely. This is the only Boxer primed 8mm that I know of. I think that it was Corrosive however and I treated it as such. The ammo that I have for sale is very clean. The British stuff is AP for the Besa. It is loaded with AP heavy ball and the other stuff is 154 gr light ball. The light ball stuff is very fast. It is all full power ammo. The commercial stuff like Remington/Winchester is loaded not much hotter than a 30-30. Yes 8mm is very hard to find now and there is no more cheap stuff left. Call me if you are interested or want to know more. 850-982-4914 What maker is the German 98 and is it original?

Hot Iron

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any 8mm Mauser shooters in need of some fodder? ......Bump

Hot Iron

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice clean full power 8X57mm brass cased Mauser ammo in a collectible WWII style GI Can for a good price .....Bump

Top Bottom