• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JSD2137

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brought the wife to the SRSC to shoot a few targets and IMO it was a pretty nice range. Being friday morning there was just 4 at the pistol and 2 on the rifle range. Im gonna shoot that tree down yet and get my free hat. Lol

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I love Santa Rosa Shooting Center. It's a great facility with good and friendly people running it. And unlike some local indoor ranges, no one will threaten to punch you in the face if you tell it like it is. + 1 for SRSC!!!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've been there when it's not busy and been pretty happy with it. I've been there when it's been busy and wished I hadn't wasted my time. If you only shoot once every couple months, it's not a bad option. If your the type of person that does more than once a month, I'd argue the ergc is a much better deal. YMMV.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Actually, I am going there tomorrow. Even though it is a 40 minute drive, I prefer that range versus the indoor one...friendly and good people.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been there a couple times, wasn't that impressed. Decided to join ERML instead

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I go out there to shoot clays, and since I'm already out there for that I shoot rifle and pistol as well... great range in my opinion. I live 5 minutes from Oakridge and go there a good bit just to shoot new guns I build/acquire. It's nice, but gets packed out with only having 8 lanes.

As for the "other" indoor range in town... wouldn't piss on the building if it was on fire.

Never been to ERGC, I have a 10 acre clay pit on my lease, as well as an 800 yard powerline, so if I really want to blow some shit up, I go there.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I went by both Santa Rosa and the ERGC last Saturday just to look around.
    Santa Rosa was packed and looked like a lot of them were young people.
    ERGC looked like a decent place to shoot. A lot of dirt for sure. Too bad there's not more pavement.
    It wasn't too crowded, maybe a dozen people spread out shooting.
    Can you just shoot at any station you want? Like if there were 4 people shooting under one roof, can I just go down to one that's not occupied?

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welldoya, Yes - all the ranges are open to all members so you don't have to be jam packed onto one range. Currently, ERGC has 5 ranges and is working on 2 more. If ERGC isn't busy, I always try to go to the range with the fewest folks or no one else there.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Last couple of times I went they pushed membership pretty hard, and the absolute last time I went the saftey officer pulled something with my brother(something about target that had been laid down in the grass on the rifle range). We had just set up to shoot and had no idea what he was talking about, and I swore off the place.
    It was the first time I had actually seen a saftey officer, though, and we've been a handful of times since the newest management.
    Every time there was an abundance of weapons and a shortage of sense. The way they handled a situation was just to much. It's a shame, my brother LOVES clays and trap and the new set up they have is pretty nice.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Max, if it makes you feel better, 2 of their old safety officers are gone. I still love the place. Always have.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Max, if it makes you feel better, 2 of their old safety officers are gone. I still love the place. Always have.
    As of a bit more than a month ago, all of the Range Officers are new, which is nice... one particular range officer was pushing his luck while my GF and my Aunt were at the range with me one day. Glad he is gone.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ right
    I never had any problems with the ROs, but I've been going for years. I do like the new guys though, and the lady at the counter is very nice. She gives me mil discount even though I'm a vet.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ^ right
    I never had any problems with the ROs, but I've been going for years. I do like the new guys though, and the lady at the counter is very nice. She gives me mil discount even though I'm a vet.
    The lady at the front counter is extremely nice. I really wish I lived closer, I hate shooting indoors, but I bought a house in Gulf Breeze in December, and I'm 5 minutes from Oak Ridge...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I like Oak Ridge, but would rather shoot outdoors most of the time. There's some days though, that I wish I had an indoor range near me that was run by nice people, like Oak Ridge is.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks Dan, I guess I feel a little better. I still wish there was a provision for draw and fire though

Kubasaki

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love The SR range on normal days,but it like most places are not as fun when loaded down. Hey dan where were you and the situation where someone said they were going to face punch you ... So I can avoid

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love The SR range on normal days,but it like most places are not as fun when loaded down. Hey dan where were you and the situation where someone said they were going to face punch you ... So I can avoid

I'd like to know as well. I don't want to give a place a cent if they're threatening to punch a guy I've met and know as a good dude.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Just a few facts:
    After taking about and being really excited about Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range, once they opened, some rules were put in place that kept me from shooting more than half of the guns I owned at the time. I voiced my disappointment on this forum, and one of the range employees sent a message to the founder and owner of the forum, letting him know that if I ever showed up there, he'd "punch me in the face"
    That's all, again, just facts. Take and make what you will of what you may.

BruceWayne

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just another reason that I will never go there.
    Just a few facts:
    After taking about and being really excited about Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range, once they opened, some rules were put in place that kept me from shooting more than half of the guns I owned at the time. I voiced my disappointment on this forum, and one of the range employees sent a message to the founder and owner of the forum, letting him know that if I ever showed up there, he'd "punch me in the face"
    That's all, again, just facts. Take and make what you will of what you may.

Latest posts

Top Bottom