• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^ right
    I never had any problems with the ROs, but I've been going for years. I do like the new guys though, and the lady at the counter is very nice. She gives me mil discount even though I'm a vet.

yeah that lady is pretty nice, she has given me free targets and ear protection (sometimes you just forget to bring stuff like that). I always get charged a mil discount for being a vet too. That place always gets my business. I'm headed up there tomorrow morning. Waay better than that place whose owner wants to punch dan in the face.

Last edited:

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yeah, I can't say enough good things about that range. The lady behind the counter is SUPER nice...she gives me the discount even though I am a vet too. This past weekend, I wanted to rent the spotting scope to zero in my irons and forgot my license in the car...she just told me that it was OK and don't worry about it and gave me the scope....very nice of her. The ROs have been great too. Always willing to answer any questions and helpful when you need them. I live on the West Side of PCola and instead of taking a 20 min trip to the indoor range, I travel 40 mins to that range.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I have been going to this range for a very long time. Every since it came under new ownership and management, it has become the best range in our area. They are constantly trying to improve things for the wide variety of shooters and shooting sports. I do wish they had a provision for practicing with handguns from the draw. That is the only thing that ERML can offer. Many have spoken about the lady at the counter and I agree, she is a very nice person. As for military discounts, if you are active duty, retired, or prior-service, you can get the discount. The ROs are good guys too. This is the range to use in my opinion. I care nothing for the Pensacola Indoor Range. They will never get my money for anything.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    "Beaux", he's on the forum. So is "Specialty Pawn". One in the same.
    At least they were, I'm not sure if Ian banned them. Haven't seen any activity on the forum since then.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    10-4. I never liked dealing with them or any other pawn shop for that matter... they just give off that "pawn shop" feel like I'm getting hustled... I'll save my $$$ for people who specialize in guns, and gun ranges... not somewhere that sells guns, lawn equipment and bikes.

Wimbledon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm really happy people enjoy SRSC. I am a RSO there. The woman at the desks name is Camie. She's always been a sweetheart even when I didn't work there. Things have cleaned up quite a bit since the takeover of ownership, and I'm really proud to see the newer and older generations of shooters coming together. Some tips to avoid the range being packed. We are open Wed-Sunday. Thursday's and every other Saturday are rapid fire days. It's always packed those days. Mornings are a great time to come, as are mid evenings about three hours before close. 12-2 has heavy foot traffic just about every day with events being a lot of the traffic you see on sporting clays. I'm sorry if anyone has had a negative experience at the range. I'm one of those guys that would love to hear about your bad experience while we are there on range so I can remedy it to the best of my ability. - Crystopher SRSC RSO

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My worst experience at that range was better than some of my best experiences at other ranges. I used to shoot clays there twice a week with the "Regulars." That was after I retired from competition and before I started working on my farm. I have shot a few charity events at Santa Rosa and had a good time doing so, it is a real nice facility. Here lately I do not get by much, busy building, moving junk and renovating the house in Destin.
    Ed

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I went out there this morning to sight in my 9mm carbine, and the ROs were definitely running a tight ship. It could've been because it was Saturday, but I usually go on a Thursday and have the whole range to myself so nobody messes with me. Word to the wise, if you're gonna shoot a pistol caliber long gun at the pistol range, be prepared to freak out some ROs. Hahaha! Luckily, I was expecting it.
    Great place and good people, unfortunately Camie is the only one who knows me anymore. I've been going there for almost 3 years and highly recommend it. For what it is, it's fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yes, Camie is great, when I left early the other day do to needing to drill the gas port hole larger on my Zombie gun she let me shoot the next day for $10..... "hope this wont get anybody in trouble" granted I was only there less than 30 min each day but still she has what it takes to keep customers happy with their shooting experience. A+

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been to both - before and after Santa Rosa underwent remodeling and there is nothing wrong with SR, its nice, especially if you shoot clays but the half dozen times I have been there in the last few years - the RSO was MIA and they relied on a bungy cord to separate shooters from the bench that no one seemed to use. It may be different now - I don't know, but personally I don't need the pavement and enjoy all the bays they have at ERGC. And if you go in off-peak times, you usually have a bay to yourself which really makes changing targets and doing drills much easier. My two cents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGgVY6Ref4I

Last edited:

ThomasPI

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad I found this thread and forum. Looking for an outdoor range for pistol target practice. Any of these let you draw and shoot from holstered weapon ?

Top Bottom