• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have seen a lot if negative posts about the lack of accuracy. Does any one have any experience with the target model

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I added an accuracy systems adjustable gas block and there trigger job.gun shoots moa and sub moa all day. Cheap reloads or hand loads seem to make no difference. It did take a while to set the boss barrel system.
    f31d070bbe73d8f65daa0a65718010b9.jpg
    be215e4f77122329d80024ad46ac4793.jpg

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is my Mini that I built using all stock stuff, did a TJ, crown, glass bed, ASI gas block, stock extension, Mason flash suppressor, Wichita scope base. You do not need a target model to make a Mini shoot.
    Ed

Attachments

• Mini-14 w group  354 small.jpg
      Mini-14 w group 354 small.jpg
      18.3 KB · Views: 219

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice rifle. So much for the.."everyone knows mini won't shoot" urban legend. I also have 2 ruger #1 in 220 swift and 25-06 that are not supposed to shoot either. Quarter covers both rifles @ 100. I think they would definitely shoot better with a good trigger.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice rifle. So much for the.."everyone knows mini won't shoot" urban legend. I also have 2 ruger #1 in 220 swift and 25-06 that are not supposed to shoot either. Quarter covers both rifles @ 100. I think they would definitely shoot better with a good trigger.

Absolutely true, an examination of the #1 illustrates that the design begs to free float the barrel from the forend. The rib should also be spaced from contact with the action. When properly done the #1 can become a .3 or so shooter. I have a 218, 7mm RM and a 300 WM and two #3s, all shoot better than .5 inches.
    Ed

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO there are several "levels" of Mini enhancement. The first things is the stuff that you can do yourself. Make sure everything is put together properly. This is some "eyeball" and some using tools. This is basically ... proper torque and proper alignment/fit of parts. Along with this is proper lubrication,especially the trigger ass'y. DO NOT be afraid to use grease in small amounts and in just the right spots.

The second is the stuff that you can do yourself(somewhat)but you gotta know "when to say when". This includes the cleaning and realignment of the gas block,and some light trigger work. Also a bbl lapp and a chamber polish. If using the (IMO) POS Ruger ring system at lest put the ring alignment rods to them. I almost guarantee that you will be shocked at the outcome. Yep ...... you gotta lapp the shit outta them rings.

Next is the "send it out" type of stuff. A professional trigger job,possibly a new bbl,adjustable gas block,trigger parts,and even action bedding. A complete MINI 14 that shoots "great" job by Accuracy Systems or others will run you approx. 7C$'s.

I have owned Mini's since the mid 80's. Starting with the 181-XXXX guns. I bought a stainless MINI when they first came out. Same with the "new and improved" (yeah,right) Ranch model. I have always stopped with the above about "second and a half". I have never owned a MINI that was as accurate as I had expected but my MINI 14 chambered in 6.8SPC(see my For Sale add) comes close.

All in all I would say ---> a MINI is a MINI is a MINI. It surely does what it was designed to do quite easily. It was never designed to be a tack driver although I am sure some here probably have one that shoots in the .100"s. I have always got the MINI's that I have owned to shoot minute of coyote,minute of deer,minute of woodchuck(at the closer stalking ranges),and I am positive they will shoot minute of human should the need arise. --- SAWMAN

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMO there are several "levels" of Mini enhancement. The first things is the stuff that you can do yourself. Make sure everything is put together properly. This is some "eyeball" and some using tools. This is basically ... proper torque and proper alignment/fit of parts. Along with this is proper lubrication,especially the trigger ass'y. DO NOT be afraid to use grease in small amounts and in just the right spots.

The second is the stuff that you can do yourself(somewhat)but you gotta know "when to say when". This includes the cleaning and realignment of the gas block,and some light trigger work. Also a bbl lapp and a chamber polish. If using the (IMO) POS Ruger ring system at lest put the ring alignment rods to them. I almost guarantee that you will be shocked at the outcome. Yep ...... you gotta lapp the shit outta them rings.

Next is the "send it out" type of stuff. A professional trigger job,possibly a new bbl,adjustable gas block,trigger parts,and even action bedding. A complete MINI 14 that shoots "great" job by Accuracy Systems or others will run you approx. 7C$'s.

I have owned Mini's since the mid 80's. Starting with the 181-XXXX guns. I bought a stainless MINI when they first came out. Same with the "new and improved" (yeah,right) Ranch model. I have always stopped with the above about "second and a half". I have never owned a MINI that was as accurate as I had expected but my MINI 14 chambered in 6.8SPC(see my For Sale add) comes close.

All in all I would say ---> a MINI is a MINI is a MINI. It surely does what it was designed to do quite easily. It was never designed to be a tack driver although I am sure some here probably have one that shoots in the .100"s. I have always got the MINI's that I have owned to shoot minute of coyote,minute of deer,minute of woodchuck(at the closer stalking ranges),and I am positive they will shoot minute of human should the need arise. --- SAWMAN

not sure your read my post correctly. mine shoots 1/2 min @ 100 with factory ammo and small upgrades. But; it is the "target model" in .223. I have no experience with the other 2.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom