Feds Storm Texas Republic Secessionist Meeting to Corral and Fingerprint Attendees!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is this real? I have seen it on multiple sites but if it is WTF!!!

It seemed like a typical congressional meeting for the Republic of Texas. Senators and the president gathered in the center of a Bryan, Texas, meeting hall, surrounded by public onlookers, to debate issues of the national currency, develop international relations and celebrate the birthday of one of their oldest members.

But this wasn’t 1836, and this would be no ordinary legislative conference. Minutes into the meeting a man among the onlookers stood and moved to open the hall door, letting in an armed and armored force of the Bryan Police Department, the Brazos County Sheriff’s Office, the Kerr County Sheriff’s Office, Agents of the Texas District Attorney, the Texas Rangers and the FBI.

In the end, at least 20 officers corralled, searched and fingerprinted all 60 meeting attendees, before seizing all cellphones and recording equipment in a Valentine’s Day 2015 raid on the Texas separatist group.

“We had no idea what was going on,” said John Jarnecke, president of the Republic of Texas. “We knew of nothing that would warrant such an action.”

The raid was a response to legal summons sent by Republic of Texas members to a Kerr County judge and bank employee, demanding they appear in the Republic’s court at the Veterans and Foreign Wars building in Bryan the day the officers stormed in. Jarnecke’s group, the subject of a half-hour YouTube documentary, maintains a small working government, including official currency, congress and courts.

“You can’t just let people go around filing false documents to judges trying to make them appear in front of courts that aren’t even real courts,” said Kerr County sheriff Rusty Hierholzer, who led the operation.

Now, as pointed out by the sheriff, the idea of filing an absolutely meaningless legal summons to a judge demanding he appear in their completely fake and ridiculous “court” is ludicrous and a waste of everyone’s time. However, does that really excuse such a response by government authorities?

http://rightwingnews.com/corruption...fingerprint-attendees-take-their-cell-phones/

http://www.sodahead.com/united-stat...723616/?link=ibaf&q=feds+storm+texas+republic

and there are a few other sites but my work computer wouldn't let me pull it up.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LMAO. Just *created their own country* out of whole cloth, right in the middle of what's currently knowns as "The United States of America", sent a "summons" to a Kerr County judge (demanding his appearance before same), and thought nobody would have a problem with it? Wow. What idiots. Go Texas.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want to hear the probable cause for the Search and Seizure warrant executed whereby they seize personal property and collected fingerprints. I would like to hear what was "probable cause". My guess is there was no warrant. Pure harassment and intimidation.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So much to read on this:

http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/29777/tx-secessionists-try-summon-judge-get-raided

Bozos? Criminals? The unstable minority? Yes, yes, and yes. In Kerr County, a group of Texas secessionists have formed a group that has been playing pretend government for 20 years. There’s even a short Russia Today documentary about their organizer. The group made a mistake recently, though, when they tried to summons to a county judge for an appearance in a “Republic of Texas” court. They sent the illegal notice because the judge was involved in the foreclosure of a member’s house.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/...-cops-raided-their-revolution-plotting-party/

The officers served a misdemeanor search warrant over his concerns that group members could become violent, citing a 1997 standoff between a Republic of Texas member and about 300 state troopers.

Investigators searched and fingerprinted about 60 people at the Feb. 14 morning meeting and then seized all their cell phones and recording equipment, along with gold, silver, and thousands of dollars in cash.

The group’s president admits Republic of Texas members are plotting to secede from the United States, but he denies any involvement with armed plots or violent extremists.

“We’ve had years of bad press, but we’re not those people,” Jarnecke said. “But yes, we are still making every attempt to get independence for Texas and we’re doing it in a lawful international manner.”

Group members maintain that Texas was illegally annexed in 1845 by the U.S., and they view elected officials as tyrannical “kings and emperors” and operate their own parallel government.

so_much_fail_trollcat.jpg

Attachments

• so_much_fail_trollcat.jpg
      so_much_fail_trollcat.jpg
      15.2 KB · Views: 187
    Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    and more:

“We’ve had a lot of dealings with Republic of Texas members in the past here, too, flooding the court with simulated documents,” Hierholzer said. “I don’t have any problem with them going back to the Republic of Texas, but they need to do it through the proper legal channels.”

The search warrant accuses the two Republic members who signed the court summons of “simulating legal process.”

The warrant authorized investigators to seize all computers, media storage, software, cell phones, and paper documents – which the sheriff said would be examined to determine whether other group members conspired to create and issue the phony court documents.

Group members present at the meeting were each searched and fingerprinted, but officers did not perform cheek-swab DNA tests as the warrant permitted.

No arrests were made, and the case remains under investigation.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want to hear the probable cause for the Search and Seizure warrant executed whereby they seize personal property and collected fingerprints. I would like to hear what was "probable cause". My guess is there was no warrant. Pure harassment and intimidation.

I want to hear what it was to. I'm surprised this wasn't on the news.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Texas Penal Code - Section 32.48. Simulating Legal Process

§ 32.48. SIMULATING LEGAL PROCESS. (a) A person commits
    an offense if the person recklessly causes to be delivered to
    another any document that simulates a summons, complaint, judgment,
    or other court process with the intent to:
    (1) induce payment of a claim from another person; or
    (2) cause another to:
    (A) submit to the putative authority of the
    document; or
    (B) take any action or refrain from taking any
    action in response to the document, in compliance with the
    document, or on the basis of the document.
    (b) Proof that the document was mailed to any person with
    the intent that it be forwarded to the intended recipient is a
    sufficient showing that the document was delivered.
    (c) It is not a defense to prosecution under this section
    that the simulating document:
    (1) states that it is not legal process; or
    (2) purports to have been issued or authorized by a
    person or entity who did not have lawful authority to issue or
    authorize the document.
    (d) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this
    section that the simulating document was filed with, presented to,
    or delivered to a clerk of a court or an employee of a clerk of a
    court created or established under the constitution or laws of this
    state, there is a rebuttable presumption that the document was
    delivered with the intent described by Subsection (a).
    (e) Except as provided by Subsection (f), an offense under
    this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (f) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this
    section that the defendant has previously been convicted of a
    violation of this section, the offense is a state jail felony.

Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 189, § 3, eff. May 21, 1997.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/32.48.00.html

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LMAO. Just *created their own country* out of whole cloth, right in the middle of what's currently knowns as "The United States of America", sent a "summons" to a Kerr County judge (demanding his appearance before same), and thought nobody would have a problem with it? Wow. What idiots. Go Texas.

The Patriots fought the British and loyalists in the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783). Formal acts of rebellion against British authority began in 1774 when the Patriot Suffolk Resolves effectively replaced the royal government of Massachusetts, and confined British control to the city of Boston. Tensions escalated to the outbreak of fighting between Patriot militia and British regulars at Lexington and Concord in April 1775. Patriots in each of the thirteen colonies formed a Provincial Congress that usurped power from the old colonial governments and suppressed loyalism. Resistance to the British was coordinated through the Second Continental Congress. Claiming King George III's rule was tyrannical and violated the rights of Englishmen, the Continental Congress declared the colonies free and independent states in July 1776. These thirteen states became known as the United States of America, a loose confederacy under the 1777 Articles of Confederation. The Patriot leadership professed the political philosophies of liberalism and republicanism to reject monarchy and aristocracy, and proclaimed that all men are created equal. Congress rejected British proposals for compromise that would keep them under the king.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution

Yeah. Tory, er...Droshki...Idiots.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bunch of damn wacos, How about getting a summons from them and not showingup? Go to there jail. Well I guess you could pay any fines with there money. LMAO

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    10 years ago the Feds would have set up snipers, rolled national gaurd armour around the perimeter, and launched pyro technic gas at the building until it burned to the ground. We should be grateful the FBI has become so progressive. Sarcasm off.

Seriously though, these guys want to succeed from the USA, and are issuing summons to judges to their own courts? If these guys were in burkas and beards we would be screaming jihad,
    If they were Mexicans we would be screaming immigration,
    Ect etc etc. this is what they do when they serve a search warrant. They storm in, secure everyone, take all the stuff.

I'm not saying I like it, I'm not saying I agree with it. I am saying there's nothing I can do about it, and that it happens everyday.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    you gotta be a Texan to understand it, the succession movement is a long one in Texas and seeing times like we are living in today make it a wise thought. Saying that these guys are a bit weird and strange but harmless, they did not go out shooting people.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you gotta be a Texan to understand it, the succession movement is a long one in Texas and seeing times like we are living in today make it a wise thought. Saying that these guys are a bit weird and strange but harmless, they did not go out shooting people.

Naw. Never.

Separatists Group Members Indicted

June 10, 1997 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
    Republic of Texas separatist leader Richard McLaren and four followers were indicted in the kidnapping of two neighbors that sparked a weeklong standoff with about 300 state troopers. McLaren, Gregg Paulson, Karen Paulson and Robert Otto each was indicted on a single felony charge of engaging in organized criminal activity. They could get a maximum penalty of life in prison and a $10,000 fine if convicted. The identity of the fifth person charged was withheld. It presumably is Richard F. Keyes III, who remains at large.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Separatist's Wife Pleads Not Guilty

June 04, 1997|From Times Staff and Wire Reports
    The wife of a Texas separatist leader who held off police last month in the mountains of west Texas pleaded not guilty to federal fraud and conspiracy charges. Evelyn McLaren, 50, said in a written statement to U.S. District Judge Joe Fish in Dallas that she was a "Texian," not a citizen of the United States, and therefore not bound by U.S. laws. McLaren and husband Rick McLaren, a leader of the separatist group known as the Republic of Texas, were charged in a 25-count federal indictment with issuing $1.8 billion in worthless financial warrants.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    5 Militia Members Face Federal Charges

May 9, 1997 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
    Federal prosecutors unsealed indictments against five "Republic of Texas" members, who are accused of conspiring with leader Richard L. McLaren to issue $1.8 billion in worthless financial warrants. The five, including Steven Craig Creer, acting president of one of the group's factions, appeared in federal court in Dallas on bank fraud, wire fraud and conspiracy charges. None of the five took part in the militia's standoff with police.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

You don't have to be Texican to understand. The Civil War was started under the premise of succession, not slavery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Plus one Dave.

But I have to ask, if Texas is so gosh darn awesome, why are all their cars on 9 mile and I-10.
    Every state and region has people who feel like the rules don't apply to them. We have sovereign citizens. Texas has separatists. New York has Wall Street. Trust me I'm just as dissatisfied with the whole system, top to bottom, but i disagree with the"well we want out!" Mentality.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plus one Dave.

But I have to ask, if Texas is so gosh darn awesome, why are all their cars on 9 mile and I-10.
    Every state and region has people who feel like the rules don't apply to them. We have sovereign citizens. Texas has separatists. New York has Wall Street. Trust me I'm just as dissatisfied with the whole system, top to bottom, but i disagree with the"well we want out!" Mentality.

We're all looking for greener grass. There are just those who would rather tell us what green looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This thread seems to separate the authoritarian-minded individuals from the libertarian-minded individuals.

As if I hadn't already figured it out before. I certainly can guess which members will be turning in their neighbors when the brown shirts come door to door asking to see everyone's papers and document any firearms, supplies and food stores owned by the inhabitants.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This thread seems to separate the authoritarian-minded individuals from the libertarian-minded individuals.

As if I hadn't already figured it out before. I certainly can guess which members will be turning in their neighbors when the brown shirts come door to door asking to see everyone's papers and document any firearms, supplies and food stores owned by the inhabitants.

Those who don't want to be Americans anymore can physically leave the country, find yourselves an old abandoned oil platform and create your own nation. Some guy in England did this 20+ years ago. For everyone else just stop bellyaching. This is the best county on the earth. It is not perfect but it is damn better than every other existing option.

A secessionist movement is a fantasy at best and an act or treason at worst. That bunch of bubba's issues a false document to a duly elected judge, demanding that he appear before them. What exactly did they think they were going to do if he showed up? Arrest him? imprison him? Execute him? Why did they issue the warrant, because one of their members made a promise (to repay a loan) and then defaulted on that promise resulting in a legal foreclosure action. In response these yahoos issue a threatening document to the judge demanding that he submit themselves to their "authority". Was a lynching in the making? I think the police used restraint. I am willing to bet that most of the guys at that meeting were armed, yet there were no arrest, and no confiscation of guns.

As for "telling brown shirts anything?" Do you really believe that? I see your fears and raise them. The "brown shirts" have or can get anything that want about our weapon ammo purchases from reviewing the internet, cell phones, credit card records, store records etc. And if the hypothetical storm trooper home invasion ever did happen these "brown shirts" would not ask us for information, they would beat it out of us. In fact, if these "brown shirts" wanted to know what weapons you had, they would simply arrest you and beat it out of you or your family. Actually I will take it one step better, if they wanted to know what you had, they would bull doze your house and simply search the wreckage.

Course that's not going to happen unless we all start viewing our fellow Americans as the enemy and forget that we are all on the same team. You can take our most conservative citizen and pair him with our most liberal and they will agree on most basic goals. They may disagree as to how to achieve those but that is human nature. Hell even on this own forum we can't agree about the best caliber or type of handgun. Disagreements are the spice of life.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom