• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riverrat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife and I picked up our new handguns last night. I got the Sig250 sc and the wife got M&P shield 9mm. On the M&P i can't get the slide release to work no matter how hard I push it even with two fingers as hard as I can push. Is this normal? :noidea: :help:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wife and I picked up our new handguns last night. I got the Sig250 sc and the wife got M&P shield 9mm. On the M&P i can't get the slide release to work no matter how hard I push it even with two fingers as hard as I can push. Is this normal? :noidea: :help:

Is it difficult even with a loaded magazine inserted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have not tried with loaded magazine yet was late when we got home but will try that later today.

The reason I ask is because my slide stop is nearly also nearly impossible to use unless a loaded magazine is in place.

Riverrat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The reason I ask is because my slide stop is nearly also nearly impossible to use unless a loaded magazine is in place.

I have seen where some M&P's when you insert a new loaded magazine will engage the slide automatically

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine use to do that. Where I would have to push down with both my thumbs on top of each other so I stopped using it and pulled the slide back. After my first range session with it (500 rounds) it would start to "loosen" up. Now after a 1000 rounds that has been put through it I can do it with just my thumb. I'm not saying it will take a 1000 rounds but hey the pistol is a virgin. Might just take some breaking in.

Riverrat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine use to do that. Where I would have to push down with both my thumbs on top of each other so I stopped using it and pulled the slide back. After my first range session with it (500 rounds) it would start to "loosen" up. Now after a 1000 rounds that has been put through it I can do it with just my thumb. I'm not saying it will take a 1000 rounds but hey the pistol is a virgin. Might just take some breaking in.

I agree and think I will tell her to just use it as a slide lock instead of release. Load the magazine and rack it.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It will wear and get easier with time and use.

Riverrat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok I made it home and tried a loaded magazine and it made a diffrence. I have decided that the wife should train using the manual racking technique because some weapons will not have the option of a side release but you can always rack it by hand. Training to do one thing that will always works just makes more sense to me.

Bowhunter1991

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The more you use it the easier it will get. I had a brand new M&P Shield 40 and it was very difficult to release the slide with the slide release/slide stop lever. Wound up trading it for a used M&P Shield 9mm and the slide release works a lot better than my new one did. Just my 2 cents.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A glock... Good advice. First thing most glock owners replace is the damn miniscule slide release. Haha

Top Bottom