• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure of the date, but wasn't it 2 years ago that PFF ended gun classifieds? Ian boldly assumed some liability, laid out some rules to keep it
    legal, built the membership, dealt with dirty dealers, and generally made this a premier local gun community.
    For some reason, PFF has decided to re-enter the gun classified areana. Even though I have nothing personal against this move, I don't think I'll
    be buying or participating in this. A respected member here has been chosen to moderate it, so I know it will be run differently that it was before PFF ended the firearms classifieds. It just seems to be a swipe by PFF to re-enter after all the work that it took to get this place the way it is.
    Just my pair of pennies.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So who is the current member from here that will run it?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah that is nice to know AFTER they BAN alot of us prior to doing it knowing what was coming even though we had not poster there in 2 years...lol I think I will give my loyalty to Ian and the guys here unless he tells me otherwise.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I go over there and read off topic, posting when I think I can contribute positively to any local that needs info I might have but my loyalty is here and I'll do my gun deals on this site only.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This group is the best around so I don't see any problems with anything, there are different folks everywhere we just have to sort them out or something, GCGF will always be number 1 for me, just my 9-cents

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're recruited Jason, Stanley. They couldn't have picked a better guy IMO, I just question the whole thing bearing in mind what Frank just said.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been crazy busy and absent lately but wanted to chime in.

We got our start because of PFF, I don't have any issue with anyone over at PFF or the leadership over at PFF regardless of the remarks and shots taken at GCGF and it's leadership.

If they want to sell guns again, more power to them, it won't hurt to have another classified section to visit IMO, it just gives us more guns to browse, and that ain't a bad thing.

I think that we have a good core community with a lot of great folks here. I am thankful that PFF decided to make the move away from firearms sales a few years back simply because without that move I wouldn't have had the opportunity to make so many good friends.

We aren't going anywhere, they aren't going anywhere, and IMO this isn't any threat or competition as both forums serve different purposes.

Those are my thoughts on the issue, take them for what they're worth. :yield:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well seems to me Ian, you are being a diplomatic Business Man and I can appreciate that.

As for my opinion and thoughts I have said all I am going to say on a public forum with tattletales here that go running there to tell people what is posted here. You can PM me if you give a damn...My loyalties are here and this is where I am staying even though I have 2 anonymous sign in names over there. Thanks Ian and the Crew for a FINE gun Forum!

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JASON JASON JASON I think Jason's first show of good faith as a joint member should be to Reactivate my screen name Stanley13 over there. I mean after all we r brothers on this forum right? Lets here it Jason cant we all just be friends???? Im a reformed forum runner now and a hell of a contributor..........

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well seems to me Ian, you are being a diplomatic Business Man and I can appreciate that.

As for my opinion and thoughts I have said all I am going to say on a public forum with tattletales here that go running there to tell people what is posted here. You can PM me if you give a damn...My loyalties are here and this is where I am staying even though I have 2 anonymous sign in names over there. Thanks Ian and the Crew for a FINE gun Forum!

Thanks Frank, I'm here for the camaraderie, we've got a good thing going, I think we should keep it around :D.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What tattletales? Forums are public access, anyone from there can read on here whatever they want and vice versa. No secrets.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I guess I became a member of PFF and GCGF after all of this. Never really new what went down.....

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I guess I became a member of PFF and GCGF after all of this. Never really new what went down.....

It's pretty inconsequential at this point. I think several folks over there that are making negative comments have been removed from GCGF for one reason or another, but I don't try to keep track...

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's the great thing about America, last I checked this was a (somewhat) free country... you don't have to become a member of a forum if you don't want to...

Obviously there is some hostility to the PFF here, but less we forget, if it wasn't for them ending gun sales this forum wouldn't exist. I appreciate the fact Ian started the GCGF and I will continue to be active on both forums.

The irony is, the people bitching about the PFF could have started their own forum at any time... it wasn't until gun sales ended that they threw their sucker in the dirt and started crying, up until that point they weren't "too good" for the PFF... but I digress.

Y'all folks have a great day!

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's the great thing about America, last I checked this was a (somewhat) free country... you don't have to become a member of a forum if you don't want to...

Obviously there is some hostility to the PFF here, but less we forget, if it wasn't for them ending gun sales this forum wouldn't exist. I appreciate the fact Ian started the GCGF and I will continue to be active on both forums.

The irony is, the people bitching about the PFF could have started their own forum at any time... it wasn't until gun sales ended that they threw their sucker in the dirt and started crying, up until that point they weren't "too good" for the PFF... but I digress.

Y'all folks have a great day!

John im a happy current member of PFF. Hell they Banned me not the other way around....I have over 400 good post there on current screen name. I do a unreal amount of Boating and fishing. Heck most of my hunting i get to bye boat. I think ur missing the point. The MOD contacted the ATF over a picture i posted of a PLR16 with a forward grip and i didnt even know at the time it was illegal to have a forward grip on a pistol. Plus it was a picture. (without me in it) In my book thats a pretty big deal.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    John im a happy current member of PFF. Hell they Banned me not the other way around....I have over 400 good post there on current screen name. I do a unreal amount of Boating and fishing. Heck most of my hunting i get to bye boat. I think ur missing the point. The MOD contacted the ATF over a picture i posted of a PLR16 with a forward grip and i didnt even know at the time it was illegal to have a forward grip on a pistol. Plus it was a picture. (without me in it) In my book thats a pretty big deal.
    I don't recall that, so I can't really have an opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom