• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmsiv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone have any experience with any particular model they would recommend (or not) for a suppressed .223/5.56?

Any dealers on here have any in stock?

Thanks, in advance.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Got your PM. In class all week so I'm on my phone only for internet.

I've shot the m4200 and saker 556. Like them both. I think the saker takes the edge in versatility but the m42k, I believe, meters quieter but I can't tell the difference.

I've got a saker on a form 3 that should be here in a few weeks. Check out silencershop.com. they list a lot of models and their pricing is very competitive. I can get you a quote once you know which model you are interested in.

2nd amendment carries suppressors too.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at Specwar also.
    Based on all the stuff I read online I went with that.
    Its at Nates right now waiting on ATF.
    There's a yt video of SS I think shooqina 3 back to back and the Specwar was quitest.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Have you considered buying a 30 cal suppressor?...Double duty, use it on both a 30 cal and on a .223. In my
    limited experience, it sounds like a .223 suppressor. At least that is what I use.

jmsiv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you considered buying a 30 cal suppressor?...Double duty, use it on both a 30 cal and on a .223. In my limited experience, it sounds like a .223 suppressor. At least that is what I use.
    I had not and just read an article about that. Thanks for the input. That's what I was hoping for. Great ideas from you guys.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless you get a quick connect (QC) system that will fit both, the 223/5.56 muzzle thread is normally 1/2x28 and the 30 Ca threadl is normally 5/8x24. Liberty now makes a multiple caliber suppressor that can have its internals changed out for multiple calibers. Also they make the QC Torch which can be switched from a larger caliber to a smaller. I have a 6.5 that I also use on a 223 both have QC connectors. Without the ability to slow the bullet down to sub sonic, about 1,100 fps around here, a suppressor on an 223 AR with standard or ball ammo will eliminate the muzzle flash and most of the muzzle blast but do nothing about the super sonic crack.
    Ed

Top Bottom