• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess the optics crowd couldn't get it done.

Compact Carry Pistol (CCP) division. The full details of that division will be coming out shortly but competitors and MD’s can start making plans now. The division is based on ESP but the guns must fit an IDPA box with a ¼ inch plywood spacer inserted in the bottom of the box to reduce the box size. Barrel length may be no more than 4.1 inches and the magazine limit will be 8 plus 1 to help level the playing field. This division will use the 125 power factor as well.

I'm not a gun/shooting/competition expert but basing it as a "shorter barrel ESP division" takes the practical factor out of it and they should base it of a shorter SSP with limits on the triggers and stuff. just thought id post this in case anyone was holding their breath for one or the other.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Seems like a WIDE range of parameters, but at the end of the day, you're only competing against yourself, right? Lol.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    reading the Brian Enos forums most people are going to be shooting compact CZs and G19s that are setup like their bigger guns they use in ESP. I wonder if I'll shoot my 5 inch in CDP or use my ROC in this new division. Going up against a bunch of tricked out G19s though doesn't seem as fun when they are shooting 9 and im shooting 45 but if I shoot CDP I have to shoot against these guys with super nice 1911s and huge beards lol.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Just a slight derail:
    Wait, so what's happening to ESR? Lots of speculation, but does anyone really know? Is the new book out? Mr. Leaf?

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll be shooting my Shield in CCP, my RIA in CDP and my XDM in ESP. Too many choices......

reading the Brian Enos forums most people are going to be shooting compact CZs and G19s that are setup like their bigger guns they use in ESP. I wonder if I'll shoot my 5 inch in CDP or use my ROC in this new division. Going up against a bunch of tricked out G19s though doesn't seem as fun when they are shooting 9 and im shooting 45 but if I shoot CDP I have to shoot against these guys with super nice 1911s and huge beards lol.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just got a shield 9 with all that fancy apex stuff to put in that i'll shoot in CCP. I really want to try out USPSA even though it looks like you use about 2-3 times the amount of ammo.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So ESR is safe for now, cool!
    I'll run a 938 in CCP, though couldn't you run a small 1911? Not that I have one.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Its all a Wilson Combat marketing.

Its only 1/2 inch shorter barrel than MOST full size duty gun. Why not make CCP 3" or 3.5"? Because that will put their Pro models out of the game. Why ESP based? Because 1911 is SA... Why 8 round limit? Duh, because 1911. Why not 4.25" barrel limit instead of 4"? Puts other brand's commander size 1911 out of the game. Less competition, good for business. In case you don't know. Joyce Wilson runs IDPA.. IMO, 3.5" barrel limit would of been perfect.

Same reason why .40 S&W is not allowed in CDP even though it makes just as much power factor (165,000) as the .45 acp. 1911 business folks

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Its only 1/2 inch shorter barrel than MOST full size duty gun. Why not make CCP 3" or 3.5"? Because that will put their Pro models out of the game. Why ESP based? Because 1911 is SA... Why 8 round limit? Duh, because 1911. In case you don't know. Joyce Wilson runs IDPA.. IMO, 3.5" barrel limit would of been perfect.

I'll have to agree with that. A 4" gun is NOT compact. 4" 1911s are NOT compact, and neither is a G19 in my opinion. Though I suspect that the division will be ruled by tricked out G19s and 9mm 4" 1911s with officer frames and magwells. Hmmm.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Its only 1/2 inch shorter barrel than MOST full size duty gun. Why not make CCP 3" or 3.5"? Because that will put their Pro models out of the game. Why ESP based? Because 1911 is SA... Why 8 round limit? Duh, because 1911. In case you don't know. Joyce Wilson runs IDPA.. IMO, 3.5" barrel limit would of been perfect.

CCP should be things like Shields, XDS 3.3, Glock 26, Springfield XD small one, etc. Glock 19 to me is a SSP/ESP gun. but hey i just make up stuff as I go lol. I see the battle of Glock 19s vs 9mm 1911s ahead of us.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm searching around on a few forums to what people think. The non G19 people are mad that they allow glock 19s by doing 4.1 inches instead of 4 inches which would eliminate the G19. The G19 guys are mad that they are going to allow 4" 1911s. So many mad people though lol.

I was going to stick to CDP but I'm going to take a look at the rules and see where I will score the best at (my competitiveness is starting to come out). It would be better for my CCW to shoot my ROC 1911 in CCP since it is what I am carrying though.

Top Bottom