SB15 now deemed illegal to shoot from the shoulder..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    BATFE REAFFIRMS PISTOL BRACE LEGAL TO OWN, INSTALL AND USE

Newington, N. H. (February 20, 2015) – SIG SAUER, Inc. has issued the following statement relative to the January 2015 open opinion letter issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms regarding the SB15 and SBX Pistol Stabilizing Braces.
    BATFE Technical Branch issued an open opinion letter dated January 16, 2015 regarding the Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB15 and SBX) which is marketed by SIG SAUER®. Contrary to several statements subsequently made in social media, this opinion letter did not make or otherwise declare that the SB15 product is illegal. The BATFE letter stated that the SB15 is a product “which is legal to own, legal to purchase and legal to install on a pistol.” SIG SAUER believes that the PSB enhances the shooter’s experience and offers the products as an accessory and pre-installed on a number of pistols. In all of its opinions, BATFE has consistently stated that a pistol with a stabilizing brace attached remains a pistol under the Gun Control Act when used as designed.

Nothing new. The SB15 has always been legal to use on a pistol. This is as long as it is used as it was designed. The newest ruling from the BATFE is still in effect as far as the SB15 being used a shouldering device/stock.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    That is all fine and they cannot control use or mis-use of a weapon so nothing has changed. I shoulder my Glock all the time and that is OK, so is any use of the Sig Brace.

fishingjean

Master
    I probably shouldn't get in this conservation but it reminded me of something a friend said [ If a man is alone in the forest an there is no woman is he still wrong?] just my 9 cents!!!!!

Top Bottom