• jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ugh...I put about as much time into editing this vid as I did in preparing for this match......not much. I've never shot past 100yds so this was an eye opener for me.
    A quick rundown of our stages....
    stage 1 at signal, engage steel (about 50yds) 2 hits through all 3 positions on the barricade. then hit paper bad guy behind bus. enter bus, engage long steel (300yds?) from driver's window. then engage 2 paper targets from every other window on the bus. exit bus. head to next barricade with window. engage 2 resetting mini poppers with rife, 2 shots each. (gotta wait about a second for them to reset) then switch to pistol. 2 shot at all 3 steel through window, then move up to berm. again, 2 shots on all 3 steel at berm. dump pistol, run to last barricade and engage the far steel (250yds?) with 2 shots from 3 different shooting locations on barricade.
    stage 2...the shoot house!
    at start, run up to large tractor tire, engage 3 steel poppers and then 2 shots each steel plate then duck down and re-engage steel plates 2 shots each through the tire. run into shoot house, try not to giggle, at first window, 2 paper guys 2 shots each. second window, 2 more paper guys 2 shots each. dump pistol. switch to rifle, next window engage 3 steel resetting targets out at 150yds, one shot each. next window, same 3 targets one round each, next window, same thing. show rifle clear/empty, run out of shoot house, up stairs to upper floor of shooting house, reload, go prone and engage the same 3 targets through the low window, then same 3 through the next 4 windows. finally, engage 2 new targets at 100 and 150 yds, 2 shots each. dump rifle, settle down prone behind the supplied 308 and try desperately to locate last target (550yds?) and hit it twice.
    stage 3....
    at start, run up to short barricade, slide under netting, engage 8" steel (40yds?) with 2 shots each from all 5 windows. stand up, reload rifle, engage same steel with 2 shots, then 1 shot each on the large and small poppers. move up 15yds. hit 3 paper bad guys 2 shots each (all three with hostages in front) then dump rifle, load pistol, hit that same steel 2 times, same three bad guys 2 each, turn and hit 3 huge poppers. run to next position, reload pistol and hit 4 mini-poppers.
    stage 4....
    at start, run up to box and engage texas star until all 5 steels are down. turn and hit 4 large poppers. finish with one shot on the stop box steel. dump pistol, run across shooting range, through small tunnel, out the other side, grab your rifle and though a window, shoot 4 mini-poppers. then advance and hose 3 paper guys with hostages 2 shots each. run up hill, reload rifle, and hit 2 larue tac targets 2 shots each. then hit 3 steels at about 140yds.
    stage 5....
    start seated with rifle staged way across the bay. at start, load and engage 6 paper guys with 2 shots each. run up hill that divides the bays, reload pistol and engage 3 8" steels on each side of berm. dump pistol, get behind supplied 308, locate steel at 250yds and give it 2 hot kisses. run down hill and across range to rifle. decide halfway to go on a diet. load rifle, engage 2 micro-invisible mini poppers 2 hits each, then drop down under table and engage same targets again, 2 shots each. run up 30yds to barricade and hit 3 paper guys 2 shots each from left side, middle, and right side of barricade. then run up to next barricade and engage 3 new targets, 2 shots each, from all three locations. (left, middle and right side.)
    stage 6
    start in car with rifle staged near back of car.
    at signal, load pistol and shoot directly into the sun at paper bad guy, then 3 poppers, 2 hits on steel and last bad paper guy. exit car, run around back and grab and load rifle. engage 100 and 150yd targets, 2 shots each, from the trunk of the car, again from the roof of the car, and again from the hood of the car. dump empty mag, grab new mag off rock formation, and again, engage 100 and 150yd steel, 2 shots each, from 4 locations on the rock formation.

Sadly, we weren't able to shoot the last 2 stages. Got started a little late and with almost 40 shooters, just wasn't enough time to finish. The K&M range facilities were top notch. There were targets so far out they couldn't be seen with the naked eye!

For next match, I'll be more prepared. Bring something to haul your gear around in. I was gonna bring and old baby stroller, but left it at home. Our first stage was about a 1/2 mile away from the staging area. We didn't know what to expect nor if we were gonna have time to come all the way back to the trucks to reload so we hauled EVERYFUCKINGTHING down to that far stage. When we got there, we found out it was limited rounds. We all had to download our mags to the stage limits. ugh. After shooting the first stage, we also found out that there's a time limit for each stage. Shooting the stage really fast has absolutely NO advantage over any slower shooters. The shooter that was able to hit each target and still get done under the time limit, was the better shooter. The time limit, in my opinion, was more than fair. There were plenty of guys that ran outta time on several stages. Some guys looked like they were haulin' ass and STILL ran outta time. The stages, as you can tell from above, were pretty complex. Lots to remember when that damn buzzer goes off. I found I've got a LOT of work to do if I want to be competitive in this game. Shooting out past 200 yds with a red dot takes a little skill. There were plenty of guys doing that and doing that well, just not this guy! Shooting about 50% on far targets ain't gonna win any trophies no matter how good you hose the close targets! Now I need to decide to keep shooting the red dot and learn the holds, or switch to a 1-4x scope with a throw lever. Time to get the tractor out and extend my backyard range.....

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Great vids jogan. Had an awesome time, need to get a couple more guys to run with us so we're not "outnumbered". And remember... brown guys are bad and friendly muzzle sweeps are ok.
    K&M is definitely a great facility with awesome setups. Learned a lot and plenty to work on for the next match.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dosen't sound like a game for an old man.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had a 62 year old in our squad who was pretty damn fast.....solid shooter, too. Also had a 300lb dude who shot a sbr with a red dot and smoked my ass!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't notice you had a video thread going here are the ones i have so far:

I have 4 of the 6 stage videos up and edited, don't make fun, I know I'm not good or a pro :D . I didn't know the official stage names, so I made up my own.

Vids:
    For some reason they aren't in HD, except for the 1, not sure of what I did wrong this was my first time fooling with that camera.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    looks good. no shot timer? your time depends on the guy pressing the stop button haha.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No shot timer needed. There was a specified amount of time for each stage. When you ran outta time, you had to cease fire and whatever targets you were unable to engage counted as misses. I was blazing through the stages thinking it was a timed event like what we're all used to, but found out that wasn't the case. I'll slow down next time and learn to shoot out past 200 yds as well. Next match will be better!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The time limit was a definite change, almost as bad as the limited round count. This was the first time I'd stretched my rifle out past 100yds. Quite a steep learning curve but enjoyed every second of it. It was also interesting to what equip. other guys were running and how well it worked out for them. I know I need to work on my pistol shooting, I was able to make up a little bit with the rifle. Always fun though, makes it easier when your shooting with guys that like to help and give pointers.

flowman007

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Best part is, I get to go shoot out there all the time with no pressure! Being a member there is worth every penny. If anyone ever wants to go check it out we can take visitors for a $30 fee.

PTAC_TODD

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm glad to hear a lot of the guys enjoyed it. We wanted to make out comps different and a little more practical than the typical competitions. We're always open to suggestions too as far as ways to improve. This sport is a passion that so many enjoy and we simply want to give shooter another avenue to get out and have fun while improving their skills and learning what areas may need improvement. Hope to see everyone out there in two weeks for the next competition. Also, we are currently working with sponsors and trying to bring more to the table for the shooters such as stage prizes and a prize table. This probably won't be in affect at this match, but it's a work in progress!

RL-Photo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are these going to be happening frequently, and mostly at K&M? What is the cost?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As of right now the 2 gun matches are at K&M and the cost is $65. I believe they trying to have one match a month. I'm sure one of the guys from Precision will be along shortly with more info.

PTAC_TODD

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the matches will be held at K&M Shooting Center and the cost per person for each match is $65. We intend on having a match every 5-6 weeks throughout the year, with a series finale at the end of the year. In order to shoot in the finale, you must shoot at least 3 regular series matches.

And to answer the other question, yes the owners of K&M Shooting Center are Bryan and Misty Morgan. Awesome people there!

Top Bottom