• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thought I would start this discussion.

Any thoughts about this. I am thinking about trying it. Not for any reasons having to do with evading any or all federal firearm regulations....no, nothing to do with that. :twitch:
    Just interested in metal work. Yeah metal work.:suspicious:

Your thoughts?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I should have a way to finish these in a quick and clean manner in February. Once I'm set up I'll be renting out my setup once I know it works.

The only benefit to these, that I see, is the lack of paper trail. Your Andersons are cheaper and ready to roll. The unfinished lowers are more money and effort to finish but no one has to know about them.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've thought about these for a while now...I really like the idea of making/milling it myself...but then I look at the cost of a good jig and the cost of the lowers themselves...just doesn't seem worth it to me

Little Jack...are u getting one f those portable pre-ready mills from the guy who created the 3D AR..saw something about that awhile back..looks intetesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless you're A) a really bored machinist or B) desperate to avoid registration its a complete waste of time and resources. You can build a really nice rifle for the cost of the jig and tooling.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup, A) definitely. Not B) nope not B)....

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've thought about these for a while now...I really like the idea of making/milling it myself...but then I look at the cost of a good jig and the cost of the lowers themselves...just doesn't seem worth it to me

Little Jack...are u getting one f those portable pre-ready mills from the guy who created the 3D AR..saw something about that awhile back..looks intetesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afirm. I got in on a ghost gunner on the pre order. Plan is to recoup some of the cost with finishing out some lowers. My hope is that the box is easy to work with so I can do some side projects as well. I'd like to do a new stock adapter for my XCR. Will have to wait and see.

Top Bottom