• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • countryjwh

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    anyone have a load they like. i bought some partitions and sst projectiles and have tried a few loads but cant get the group i am looking for. its a browning abolt titanium if that makes a difference. just curious to what every one else uses.

cbigcarl

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Federal Fusions have worked well in all guns that I have tried them in. I know its not a reload, but shoot almost as well as developed handloads

Last edited:

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you loading with IMR 4064? I'd mess with the bullet seating depth. IMO, 243s are a bit touchy with seating depth.

Just remember that at the upper pressure levels, the .243 can be a bit "touchy". Add that last grain of powder, and the pressures can jump dramatically.

What kind of groups are you getting now? Are you starting with a starter load? Finally, any work been done on the rifle? Floated barrel, lightened trigger?

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brenda's ABolt likes a 95 gr SST in front of 45.1 gr of 7828. Tried messing with seating depth and discovered that they are pretty much a 1" capable rifle. Set your loads at factory length. There's not much to be gained after that. The only real improvement I saw was using collet dies on once fired cases. That made a significant difference. Afa hunting loads anything with light ballistic tip projectiles and high velocities ( over 3000 fps ) will most likely not exit so shot placement is pretty important.

countryjwh

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me and my brother reloaded a recipe out of a book. Reloaded 22 and imr 4350. Tried them out a 700 and it was clover leafing but browning was 2 + inches. We are messing with seating depth next.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good luck and keep us posted. Once you find the magic combo for that rifle make sure to write it down and keep feeding it what it likes.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Make sure there's about .020" clearance between forearm and barrel forward of the chamber. Every one I've messed with is fit pretty tight.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good advice. I float mine all the way back and bed the action on all my rifles. All of my bolt actions that is.

Top Bottom