• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    got my gopro footage up. forgot to turn it on for stage 4, which sucks cause that was a good one for me! at least Dan got a vid of it for me.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    and Dan, I made sure to speed up the footage so my reloads look even FASTER!lol
    still had one light primer strike. guess I need to clean the gun finally....

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Snow, the high grip definitely helps. Compare my recoil movement to yours, only difference is the grip, plus mine is a lightweight. It's a lot to keep in mind and brain capacity goes out the window with the buzzer, especially when you've been doing it that way longer than I've been alive.
    The failure to seat happened to me at the classifier, and to Jeep at the rifle side match, I think it's the reason they created the "tap, rack, bang" drill to clear malfunctions. ETM mags are supposed to help. I still run 47Ds though, maybe Santa will bring me some ETMs.
    Videos are very helpful. I felt like I was FLYING, but clearly, I have a long way to go. Hopefully, accuracy will save my score.

Good to see all of you guys today!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't even realize I went back to the old ways today untill I watched the vids. Same with tap,rack and bang was out the window today to. That buzzer does make things seem to go away. Thats why I like to see the vids. Gives you things to work on at home and get that new way put into your mind for awhile anyway

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Never shot idpa, is it mandatory to hug your cover and stick your weapon out past it?

No, the distance from the shooter to the cover that the shooter uses is not specified. However, it is easier to get close to it to make sure that 100% of your lower body is behind it, which is probably not the most realistic way to do it, but at the end of the day, it's just a game.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yeah, I don't think anyone does it on purpose. Honestly, for me, I was just worried about not having my foot stick out like I usually do. Lots to think about in a very small amount of time.

Come out, man, it's a blast.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gotta get another go pro...hopefully I'll be back out there in January. My legs are acting up again. Anyone have video of the side match?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    No sidematch today, pistol stuff ran late and it was about to rain. I don't currently own a 12ga, so I didn't really care, though Ian kindly offered to let me shoot his Benelli M4, which would've been cool. I haven't touched one in years.

Last edited:

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was good seeing the majority of the usual suspects as well and I love the videos to, always good to be able to post game review or utilize the proof of the fiercely awesome run you had ;)

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Choppa I am glad you came back. Defending you from your detractors was as difficult as it was lonely :)

Top Bottom