• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But gun control advocates said such silencers were designed for stealth shooters such as assassins.

“When your kid is walking down the street and feels a bullet whiz past him, you’ll wish you had heard the sound,” said Ladd Everitt, spokesman for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence in Washington D.C., which did not formally oppose the proposed change in Florida.

All it takes is a can to turn someone into a highly trained killer. Learn something new every day!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got my fingers crossed. I have written FWC twice about the subject, so I hope I did some good. Using suppressors around farm animals makes it easier on them.

Even though I'm out at night hunting with a suppressor (what I can legally hunt suppressed in Florida at night), I've never been tempted to shoot a deer in spite of what the anti-gunners say about suppressors.

1956_4x4

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today should be the day the decision is made on the suppressors. I sent in my comments yesterday afternoon. Here's hoping...

Smitty

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    ALERT: FWC Removes Ban on Suppressors for Hunting

DATE: November 21, 2014
    TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President

At their meeting in Key Largo, Florida, today, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission voted to remove the ban on using silencers/suppressors on pistols and rifles for hunting deer, gray squirrels, rabbits, wild turkeys, quail and crows.

Using silencers/suppressors on pistols, rifles and shotguns for all other legal hunting was already allowed.

Following the suppressor vote, the Commission also voted to authorize an Executive Order to lift the ban immediately and allow hunting with suppressors to begin at once.

Following that vote, Executive Order # EO 14-32 was signed. Using suppressor-equipped rifles, pistols and shotguns is now legal for all hunting in Florida.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Following the suppressor vote, the Commission also voted to authorize an Executive Order to lift the ban immediately and allow hunting with suppressors to being at once.

Great news!!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    To celebrate, I put a suppressor on my squirrel rifle and went around in my little woods...no squirrels seen this time of day though.

Top Bottom