• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here we go again! This was posted on PFF. I understand hogs are a "problem" but this is unethical and gives hunters a terrible name. We don't do it to deer then why do people do it to hogs? People say hogs are a terrible problem but have you asked a farmer how bad deer are and how destructive they are? (just general questions). Hunters will always be their worst enemy. Not PETA.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yep ... this is truly sad. I saw it posted first on a Texas hog hunting forum. The guys over there chuckled and giggled like 12 year old girls. For the most part they thought it was funny and cool. NONE dared to post a bad review of the vid for fear of being poo-poo'ed. But,these same guys jump a 20 hog sounder and mow 'em down. Shooting them in the gut,rear legs,absolutely anywhere. Then stating that they didn't bother to even track an obviously wounded animal. And that they could simply "come back in a couple of days and look for the buzzards". Have they intentionally caused this problem so that they could hunt in this manner ?? Hopefully not.

Hogs are a "problem" in some areas of the country. In Texas the people have allowed this to happen. Essentially,they have caused the problem by allowing the hogs to get out of hand. Same is happening here in Florida. We already see some very limited hog hunting rules and regs on state land(WMA's) and ESPECIALLY Eglin. Floridians are starting the whining process. We are just behind Texas and will eventually catch up.

We also have hunters that will not shoot a hog during deer season if it walks out in the middle of their plot. The problem that has come to Texas and is headed to Florida is NOT just caused by the unintelligent and uninformed politicians. It is also caused by hunters and the general public. (Same as the increasing bear problem ... HOWEVER ... that is another story ... BUT ... related.)

I used to hunt Eglin. After having a "sit down" with the Federal Wardens and game biologists,I stopped hunting Eglin. Those guys M.O. is to severely limit the hunting of hogs as they actively prepare to whine. I have seen this coming for years and has slowly started as not to get the PAYING hunters pissed off. I stopped hunting the WMA's for about the same reasons. NOW,for me,it's private land ONLY,where the hunting/killing of hogs is wide open. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This video is F$&@ed up

I wish I knew some land owners that had a "hog problem" I could help them with there problem and they could help me fill my freezer

From the deep woods

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep ... this is truly sad. I saw it posted first on a Texas hog hunting forum. The guys over there chuckled and giggled like 12 year old girls. For the most part they thought it was funny and cool. NONE dared to post a bad review of the vid for fear of being poo-poo'ed. But,these same guys jump a 20 hog sounder and mow 'em down. Shooting them in the gut,rear legs,absolutely anywhere. Then stating that they didn't bother to even track an obviously wounded animal. And that they could simply "come back in a couple of days and look for the buzzards". Have they intentionally caused this problem so that they could hunt in this manner ?? Hopefully not.

Hogs are a "problem" in some areas of the country. In Texas the people have allowed this to happen. Essentially,they have caused the problem by allowing the hogs to get out of hand. Same is happening here in Florida. We already see some very limited hog hunting rules and regs on state land(WMA's) and ESPECIALLY Eglin. Floridians are starting the whining process. We are just behind Texas and will eventually catch up.

We also have hunters that will not shoot a hog during deer season if it walks out in the middle of their plot. The problem that has come to Texas and is headed to Florida is NOT just caused by the unintelligent and uninformed politicians. It is also caused by hunters and the general public. (Same as the increasing bear problem ... HOWEVER ... that is another story ... BUT ... related.)

I used to hunt Eglin. After having a "sit down" with the Federal Wardens and game biologists,I stopped hunting Eglin. Those guys M.O. is to severely limit the hunting of hogs as they actively prepare to whine. I have seen this coming for years and has slowly started as not to get the PAYING hunters pissed off. I stopped hunting the WMA's for about the same reasons. NOW,for me,it's private land ONLY,where the hunting/killing of hogs is wide open. --- SAWMAN

It was the same way over at PFF. Everyone chuckled and giggled....

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw this on another site and was shouted down for calling the idiots a bunch of no talent ass clowns. They aren't hunters, they are 12 year old juvenile delinquents.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just sick.... No respect for humane killing or the animal. I know I'm not the only one who kneels down with his kill and says a prayer, this video is a disgrace

fiftycal

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just sick.... No respect for humane killing or the animal. I know I'm not the only one who kneels down with his kill and says a prayer, this video is a disgrace
    I initially thought you were hunting with exploding targets (Tannerites are a two part explosive mixture - you put it together immediately before you use it. It has an extremely high energy of activation (you gotta hit it with a rifle bullet to cause it to detonate). I agree -I enjoy hunting -but animals need to be taken with a quick, clean humane kill.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I initially thought you were hunting with exploding targets (Tannerites are a two part explosive mixture - you put it together immediately before you use it. It has an extremely high energy of activation (you gotta hit it with a rifle bullet to cause it to detonate). I agree -I enjoy hunting -but animals need to be taken with a quick, clean humane kill.

These idiots are using just that

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Buddy of mine hunted w the inventor of tannerite this past weekend and he absolutely HATES this use of his product. They did get to blow some up at the ranch..funny thing was the 300WTF did not blow it up so the 6.8 had to be used...then later on while hunting everytime the 300 was used it took the 6.8 to finish the hogs off and make a clean kill...Just too damn funny! The 2 guys are switching to the 6.8 and the TV show host who has a Savage Sponsorship was thoroughly embarrassed and ask to get sponsored by LWRC so he can get a six8. This was all in the context of hog/yote eradication not deer hunting or going out for a 1 shot 1 kill hunt..

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    personally I think the video is great!!! Yall sure r some emotional men? Wtf change ur tampon already

NWFLYJ

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's ethical, only if you shoot the squirmers after the smoke clears.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's ethical, only if you shoot the squirmers after the smoke clears.

You are just wasting the animal.... That isn't ethical when you blow something up and they are still living. Might not be able to kill the squirmers. Could possibly run off and you might not be able to track them. What is ethical is a well placed shot and the hog dieing within 50 yards or instantaneously.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    personally I think the video is great!!! Yall sure r some emotional men? Wtf change ur tampon already

Would you do the samething to a deer? turkey? There is no difference. Change our tampon...... Maybe actually you could grow up a little and realize something like this unethical, gives hunters an extremely bad reputation, and doesn't help promote hunting to future generations.

Last edited:

NWFLYJ

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are huge rodents, their death to the property owner is therapeutic. The big bang my help said property owner feel better about the amount of damage they have caused. It is all about how someone feels anyway.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes this is very sick, disgusting, an goes against everything my Dad or Grandfather taught me about hunting!!!!! Hunting is a privilege for us an this is animal cruelty at its highest, makes you wonder what kind of person actually enjoys this, don't want them anywhere around me or my family. I even have sort of a problem with night hunting but, will keep that to myself LOL !!!! Yes Mr. Clay you are not the only [hunter] who gives thanks to God for our meat!!! Denny in pace!!

Top Bottom