HD Tactical

what 2 firearms would you pick for your apocalypse carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sig 516 Patrol AR (DD) and Sig P226. 223 and 9mm would probably be most plentiful ammo and They are two of the best weapons made for hard use. If I had more trigger time on the AK platform, I might go with that over the AR cause of the 7.62x39 round. My old man, WWII combat vet, went with a 1911 and 308 as his two. He was a believer in hard hitting and abundant ammo.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    That's a hard decision. The AR with its firepower would be comforting to have but a Savage 24 .22/20 would sure be versatile. Glock 19 would be one of them for sure.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rough choices

I love my cold steel machete's!! Prolly go with the thick wide chopper one and AR15 with extra upper in 300 blackout.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      189.8 KB · Views: 227

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AK and a 12 Ga pump shotgun.

I thought about the 12ga but he said to carry and i decided that just hunting small game for a few hours with a shotgun and 20 rounds in my pocket gets old fast. Muchless for the long haul!

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like versatility and frankly I feel that I can find 12 Ga shells all over if I was wandering around in a post apocalyptic state.

I am comfortable carrying a lot of ammo, especially if my life depends on it.

If I had to go to one gun, it would be the 12 ga.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Being that I’m a pistol caliber carbine fan, I would choose within my current stable of 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp and 38/357 pistol and carbine combinations. To me, I like the advantage of carrying one caliber that can be used in either handgun or carbine. The decision I’d have to make at the time is what caliber/combo to carry. I’m not leaving my wife out of the picture because she could be equipped with .22lr combination of handgun and rifle. And yes, I have a couple of machetes and other sharp implements.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Being that I’m a pistol caliber carbine fan, I would choose within my current stable of 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp and 38/357 pistol and carbine combinations. To me, I like the advantage of carrying one caliber that can be used in either handgun or carbine. The decision I’d have to make at the time is what caliber/combo to carry. I’m not leaving my wife out of the picture because she could be equipped with .22lr combination of handgun and rifle. And yes, I have a couple of machetes and other sharp implements.

Which carbine model?

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Ar-15 and 1911 I guess.... Makes me think I need to make my collection better!!!

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For anyone who thinks there will be a bunch of guns and ammo lying around after the shit hits the fan, you'll likely be unpleasantly surprised.

I'd take my AR with the Streamlight TLR-1s and the EOTech XPS Holographic. For my secondary I would take my Glock 17.

My wife answered the question when I asked her and she smartly chose two from my collection that I didn't already pick. Ruger 10/22 with my Bushnell rimfire 4x scope and 50 round mags. She picked for her number two carry my Mossberg 500 12 gauge shotgun. It's a lot to carry but slinging it on your back isn't too bad.

I like being married when people ask these types of questions. I ask my wife and I can post her answer too, knowing that with any luck, we'd be together and have twice the weapons.

Now my daughter is three, so I'll have to wait a while for her.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I learned anything from last year or so ..ammo makes good trading currency when it's it short supply. 223 and 7.62x39 especially. What I didn't see coming was the shortage of 22LR. That won't happen to me again.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    My bug out kit -
    !0/22 with 1,000 round mag, Kimber pro carry with 200 round 9mm drum mag, Spyderco 23" fixed blade.
    Suspenders with ID memory card do I can find home, ramen noodles to blind people that get too close, and skunk perfume so I can't be tracked. A fake ID, and oyster boots. 4 cartons of cigarettes, and 40 blunts to barter with in town, 12 moon pies and some mardi gras candies for distraction. Duct tape for...well you know. A book on survival, a book for coloring, a book for reading and a book of matches. A gas credit card from standard oil for my oil lamp, a 1/10 scale model moped, memory vitamins, mucinex, a bottle of powered corn, and S&H green stamps. All fit in my alice pack and ready to go.
    Or, I'll just go with the standard 10/22 and Kimber.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Which carbine model?
    38/357 Rossi M92, 9mm Hi Point 995, 40S&W Beretta PX4 or possibly a Mech Tech CCU for my 1911. Haven't decided on the combination but circumstances may dictate the choice. What the heck, different strokes for different folks. :madgrin:

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Choosing from what's on hand a Mini 14 and a CZ75 PCR, though I gave some thought to my Ruger SP101. In a long term survival scenario where spare parts won't be available a rugged and dependable revolver is not a bad idea.

gonzo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For anyone who thinks there will be a bunch of guns and ammo lying around after the shit hits the fan, you'll likely be unpleasantly surprised

I don't expect much of anything to be laying around, especially guns and ammo. I just think bullets will be as good as gold in a world turned to bartering. And I think people will be more likely to be carrying the popular calibers to trade with. Therefore, I looked for reliable firearms based on caliber popularity. If you're carrying 100rds of 6.8spc, you're probably less likely to find someone to trade with, than if you were carrying 100rds of 223.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    38/357 Rossi M92, 9mm Hi Point 995, 40S&W Beretta PX4 or possibly a Mech Tech CCU for my 1911. Haven't decided on the combination but circumstances may dictate the choice. What the heck, different strokes for different folks. :madgrin:

Those will get the job done. I like those Rossi reproductions.

Top Bottom