• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I am looking to buy a set of AK furniture. I would either like someone's take off original wood set or a decent set of composite stock and fore grip. Can be folding stock or not, either will be fine. The original wood would be ideal but interested in anything. Let me know what you have. Cash or trade. Thanks!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    image.jpg

Some misc furniture I have

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      326.5 KB · Views: 56
    Last edited:

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    With a little work I got the furniture that came on the gun a bit more to my liking. I would still be interested in a composite set if anyone happens to have an extra or has a set just lying around. It can be any folder or fixed. Also looking for an AK Hogue grip, cleaning rod and cleaning kit for the stock. Just trying to make it a complete set. Thanks!

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I will be placing an order for everything on Monday so if you have any of the stuff I am looking for, please let me know ASAP. I am not ordering a stock or forearm, just the cleaning rod, cleaning kit and hogue grip. If you have a composite stock set though, please let me know soon. Once I get a thought in my mind, it happens fast. Thanks!

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just found out last weekend at Academy they had a magpul isle. (I never noticed)

If you want the tacticool stuff for aks.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Awesome! Thanks guys. Dan, you wouldn't recognize the AK already. A little sand paper, min wax stain and min wax wipe on poly brought the stocks back to where I like them. I know you aren't a wood fan but always been my thing. Especially if I can mess around with it and make it my own style.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That's great, nothing like a little elbow grease to make something your own.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Actually, I just refinished the supplied wood furniture and made it "my own" with a little sanding, stain and finish I made it look a little more to my liking. I thought I would have to start from scratch with a new stock set, but was able to make it what I wanted. Just looking to find a simple composite stock set for a backup/secondary set. I would like to keep it around the $50-$75 range but open to see what I can come up with. I will post some pics tomorrow sometime of what I have now.

Last edited:

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Not yet. I ended up ordering a cleaning rod, cleaning kit, inexpensive strap and a black hogue grip and they should be here tomorrow. The original wood still has a lot of the commie redness to it but I used an ebony stain so it has some dark gray and even black highlights. I will try and get some pics soon. Not anything special to look at but going to serve my purposes perfectly.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Finally got a picture of it. I thought I liked the Hogue grip on my AK pistol but it makes one heck of a difference on a rifle. Just put an SKS sling on it I happened to have laying around until I can find a nice one I like. I would like to mess around with a couple different muzzle brakes. Anyone have any suggestions? The slant brake works fine, but just thinking about changing it up a bit. I have heard some bad things on the Tapco magazines for AK's as well. I picked up a couple at a gun show last year and my AK PAP pistol loved them. This WASR seems to like them too. At about $8 for a working magazine, how can you go wrong? I have several metal mags and would always go to them when it really mattered, but thought the red Tapco would pick up the red in the stock a little better. I am not wanting to go crazy on this AK, but if anyone else has any ideas or personal experience with nice add on options, please feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nice work Sir!

Thank you Sir! It isn't anything fancy, but only took me a total of about 5 hours of work. If I took my time, I could have made it much better. It is a utility weapon though and I just couldn't see spending a whole bunch of time on it. I have put a little over 100 rounds through it so far and it has been awesome. Shoots brass and steel cased stuff equally well and it really surprised me how accurate it is. Next to my Garand and M1 Carbine, it is my new favorite shooting gun. How did I go this long without one?

Top Bottom