• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    I know what you are talking about, was called for county and fed. jury all with in 6 months they asked question's that I didn't see should be asked, the def. was there for it, so he know every thing about you, they didn't like my answer's either. so after all day there they told me I could leave . Just my 5 cents jj

RackinRay

Master
    I would have answered that I owned firearms, how many and what type were not germane. I had jury duty twice since leaving Law Enforcement. First one, defendant's lawyer asked who may knows any LEOs that might be involved in this case (PPD case, possession with intent; was not revealed)?

I raised my hand, and when they got to me they asked the follow on question; "what agency do the officers you know work for?" I replied, "PPD, ECSO, SRCSO, and FHP". Lawyer said, "why do you know so many officers from so many agencies?" I answered, "from 5 years with ECSO". The defendant went nuts whisper talking to his lawyer, I was sent back to work! LMAO

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Usually they direct the front two rows to answer these questions but to ask all four rows seemed a little strange....but one good thing happened I wasn't picked!!!!And it appeared that all others and the defendant gave me the stink eye after I got through with my list.

Hipower

Marksman
    They do ask all kinds of questions, even as to what kind of bumper stickers you have on your car to hopefully identify "your type" of person and as mentioned above, in Escambia County (and probably elsewhere too) you ARE UNDER OATH to answer truthfully and to NOT DO SO can cause you serious trouble if they are so inclined to pursue it. I had a friend who once declared his bigotry or prejudice as a juror and he said they never requested him again, but he could have "just been talking" and I think that's a pretty stupid "Out." Don't forget, even though jury duty ain't no fun, it's the most power we have as a citizen to sit upon a jury and to weigh someone's guilt or innocence and possibly to INVALIDATE what you may consider to be a bad law being used to prosecute (or persecute) someone and you decide to "nullify" the law's validity in that particular case.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    When I went to Jury Duty two months ago, one of the cases involved a felon in possession of a gun. They asked if anyone owned guns, and other gun related questions, but they didnt go this far.

I think in the case, that its more to weed gun owners out, as I can imagine that we will be more likely to come back with a verdict the defense doesnt want. More than likely because we are more aware/know more about gun laws, and take our freedom/gun rights more seriously. Because Ill be honest, when I heard he was a felon charged with possession of a weapon, it wasnt looking good for him. So yeah, no surprise they didnt pick me.

Welldoya

Master
    Last time I was called was for a murder trial. I was really trying to be honest in answering all the questions. At the same time, I really didn't want to serve on that jury.
    The defense attorney said "Does anybody here think my client is guilty before hearing any evidence?
    I raised my hand . He said "You think my client is guilty even before you hear any evidence ?"
    I said " I figure if the police arrested him, he must've done SOMETHING."
    DISmissed.

Top Bottom