• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It doesn't appear that there are any restrictions on the barrel length in the rule book (that I can find) I shot a 14.5" AR at the last match.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'll run my pistol once I get it built. If it does well, I'll SBR it. Nothing like racing to expose any flaws or shortcomings on any given platform across many industries.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No one has brought an AR pistol to shoot in lieu of the rifle yet, so if you wish to try, be my guest. You'll get a chance to see how well you do at the different target distances with it. It should be interesting. You must use a rifle caliber, though.

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does 9mm count as a rifle caliber?

Only for the freestyle class, which is why I didn't bring my CX4 out to the match, I was told to shoot a man caliber and compete.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Only for the freestyle class, which is why I didn't bring my CX4 out to the match, I was told to shoot a man caliber and compete.

You can bring the CX4 as much as you want as far as I'm concerned, it seemed to recoil more than an AR.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You can bring the CX4 as much as you want as far as I'm concerned, it seemed to recoil more than an AR.

Yeah, that blowback operation with the huge, heavy bolt makes the recoil much more than I expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry buddy, I'll bring something 9MM out next time so the haters ball can resume.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol I almost tinkled in my pants

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Where's Jogan's chiming in on this? I got a Feather AT9 with a huge heavy bolt that "rocks my world too" but it kinda soaks up the recoil. If'n you wanna bring your 9's, bring 'em on, we'll just stick you in your own little class. Besides, you probably want to see how it compares to the other guns anyway, right? Bring it, dude!

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have absolutely NO problem with anyone bringing anything larger than a .22 out there for the rifle matches. I wanna run a lever action, but there's no way I could keep up with the reloads. I also wanna run slugs in the shotgun, but again, the round count will over burden me. I still say we run a complete 4 stage match with just the shotguns!

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    HMmmmmm . . . you heap big man who clanks when he walks! Should we put up another poll only to find out five of us show up for the match?

Last edited:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    not sure why there was a small turnout for the carbine match. Last one we had over 35 shooters! Good looking guy walked away with the win on that one if I remember...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I won't make a shotgun match don't have the right equipment and IIRC, the last one had pretty poor turnout. FWIW, I think the carbine match had plenty of shooters for the length of the match itself.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    all you'll need is a rifle, 2 mags, a way to carry the spare mag on your body, and about 100-200 rounds. throw on a sidearm and about 25-50 bb's for that and you're good to go. You'll need a sling for your rifle so you can transition to your sidearm when needed. bring some chap-stick 'cause all the grinning and smiling will wear on ya!

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Next carbine match will probably be in December of January so you can check out your winter gear. We're going to have a couple of regular pistol matches in November with side matches to be determined, probably one of which will be a carbine side match. You'll need at least two rifle mags for that side match and probably no more rounds than 40 and some for your pistol as well. We'll announce it in the Escambia River Gun Club IDPA thread for which you do NOT have to be a member of ERGC to READ the thread, only to post to it.

Top Bottom