• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've never been really motorcycle crazy. I see all these shiny new $20,000 Harleys and think "oh, that's nice". Yawn.
    But when I see a restored or nicely kept 1971 Honda CB350, I go nuts.
    I was watching Pawn Stars the other day and Rick bought a 1966 Honda CB160 that was gorgeous.
    When I was in college, I had a 1969 Honda CB175 but sold it to buy a 1967 Mustang.
    If Honda or Yamaha would come out with a small (500cc or less) classic style street bike I would probably start riding again. Must have something to do with recapturing my youth or something.
    Anybody else like the old small street bikes?

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea I was into older bikes awhile back, rode a 1979 Goldwing for a long time, had a 550 Yamaha as well, had a lot of other bikes in my younger yrs. back in the 50s,60s, an 70s, now with a bad back , doc says a wreck could make me unable to walk again so no more bikes for me, still have some old Goldwing parts I need to get rid of. Denny in pace!! Taking my daughter fishing for specks an reds now, have a blessed day!!!!!

YELLOWZR7

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    triumph truxton is a modern bike the is retro in design, and u could go to harley and get royal enfinger that is slowwwww but has the look. but any cafe racer of flat tracker,ei harley xr 750, gets me going josh

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honda brought out a CB 1100 retro that looks really nice. I know you said smaller, but thats the only one I've seen. I don't go into bike shops much since I sold mine. Saw it at Pens Motorsports a couple months back.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasa big off road/MX guy in my teens, 20s and early 30s but haven't been on a bike since. I see a lot of bikes I would like to try out nowadays though. I watch that TV series "Café Racer" and think I want to build something like that but should probably stay away for my own good. Stopped by Jogan's house the other night and he has some sweet MX bikes. Got me itching but I'm not gonna scratch.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    A buddy of mine sent me a picture of an 1100 cc model that Honda just came out with.
    It looked really good.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My '02 Harley is for sale now, but I'll stay involved with motorcycles do some degree. I've had Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis, and Harleys but my next door neighbor is the craziest mofo I've ever seen. He has a 1972 Triumph 500 that is GORGEOUS that he's owned for 40 years, a 1965 BMW knockoff that was a Chinese Army bike (with sidecar), a 1983 Iron Head that we currently have on the lift to make a dirt tracker replica and 3 other bikes. That Triumph is a real sweetheart and the perfect size for cruising around. If I ever get to have another one I could go for a 500, 650, or 750 Triumph myself. Beautiful light weight bikes.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean...you know you wanna scratch....
    62+ HP sitting on top of a 210lb bike with all that plush suspension on it. BRAAAAPPP!!!!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean...you know you wanna scratch....
    62+ HP sitting on top of a 210lb bike with all that plush suspension on it. BRAAAAPPP!!!!

Oh, I know I WANT it. What the problem is involves me not NEEDING it for my own good. I don't have the old reflexes or healing power I used to have. I regret that i only have two kneecaps to give for MX.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    As a young Ensign, chasing skirt like it was my job and living on the edge, I rode a Ducati and did some silly things with it. Somehow, I survived and I got rid of it several years ago. Now that I'm a father, the risk overpowers any desire to get back on that may pop up from time to time. I've seen people get hurt really really badly, but of course, all bikers know that it's just part of it.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    true words....I was on my crotch-rocket (CBR600F3) coming home one day when the wife was about 5 months pregnant with our first child. The thought of "what if" hit me like a brick wall. Sold the bike about a month later. Too much depending on me staying healthy to risk it. Those thoughts still creep up into my brain bucket when I squeeze the KX fun cables. That thing is scary fast.....

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a few different bikes, dirt bikes, sport bikes, cruisers. My current bikes are an 08 Dyna and an 04 Sportster.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I started riding a minibike and small dirt bikes back in the late '60s. I rode all the way up to Dec. 1987 when I had my accident (not my fault BTW) and could not afford to fix the bike. It was a 1984 Honda 750 Interceptor that had been tweaked quite a bit. Basically, it was a street legal race bike when I was done with it. It would do 145mph in 5th gear with one more gear to go. I had even raced it at Five Flags Speedway one night back in 1985. Before this bike, I had a Yamaha 900 Seca, a Honda 900 Custom (full dress in Hondsline accessories), a Honds Hawk 400 before that, and a few dirt bikes before that. I would love to be back on a bike, but I have no place to put one in the garage, nor can we afford to have one right now anyways. I do miss riding.

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a few different bikes, dirt bikes, sport bikes, cruisers. My current bikes are an 08 Dyna and an 04 Sportster.

Donny.......you've got too many toys. :usa: After 6 back surgery's and a bum hit, I had to sell mine. Hope to get back on the saddle some day. :crutch:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Donny.......you've got too many toys. :usa: After 6 back surgery's and a bum hit, I had to sell mine. Hope to get back on the saddle some day. :crutch:

Yea, I know. I keep saying I'm gonna cut back on them, but it never seems to happen. I still have the Bronco as well.

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hear ya......Bronco is a perfect bug-out machine, hang on to it. Still have Buds 2006 Dodge Ram and don't think I could ever part with it after losing him in Thailand.

Top Bottom