• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Ok...
    Here we go...
    I've known GatorGuz 87 for longer than I've been on the forum. I spoke to DaBreeze today (in person) about my take on the situation and the fact if what happened. From speaking to both, all I will say, is that I feel it was an honest mistake on Guz's part. When you post something at a good price, the posts and messages can get overwhelming, and I honestly feel he lost track of who was who, especially if you mind happens to be pre-occupied. I've been there. Anyway, I consider GatorGuz87 a friend, and a patriot (he's an Active Duty Marine Sergeant). At the same time I can vouch and stand by DaBreeze being a man of his word, and a good man whom I deeply respect. I hope to continue being friends with and making sales and trades, for the sake of the hobby, that the 2nd Amendment guarantees us, with both of them. Take from it what you will, as always, just my opinion, worth even less than it cost you. Please excuse my grammar. Being as how you paid for my college, you'd expect better, but it's late, and I've had a cocktail. Nite!

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't agree with the first I'll take it thing.
    Me and a few others here have a long standing joke about the "locals "
    This board is wide known for its fair share of neckbeaders. If I'm asking $100 and someone offers $101, I'll take that.
    Don't get butt hurt if someone out sells you. Its life. On a gun board.
    I have bigger things to worry about.

Didn't think this was an auction....... If you post $100 and someone posts I'll take it it's bad form to be auctioning it off in pm's after that.... Perhaps you should stick to gunbroker...

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not and never will be on gun broker.
    But just about everyone on this board has a reputation for lowballing.
    Like I said, its a long standing joke here. That's why I do not sell much. And of I do its at give away price or free.
    I'm not saying everyone has to give things away, but don't get butt hurt if something gets sold out from under you. If you want it that bad walk down to Dicks and pay retail.
    ETA: And maybe the $100vs$101 comparison is a little much. But if I ask $100 and I get a PM saying they will "do me a favor" and give me $60. Then Yea, Imma take any offer over that.

Last edited:

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not that my opinions mean anything to anyone on here but I have done business with quite a few folks on here and while it seems the general consensus (at least in this thread) is that the first "I'll take it" in an open forum should be the RULE of thumb on who has first dibs on an item being sold and while that maybe fine for some folks there are those of us that value our PRIVACY and feel it isn't anyone's business in what they buy so they may send a PM to the seller instead of replying to a post saying "I'll take it". Just my 1/2 a cent on the whole buying thing. Now having said that I would and did make the assumption that "DaBreeze" was the one that the seller had agreed to sell the gun to and is the only reason I didn't send a PM to the seller saying I would take it. When it seems that I got the raw end of a deal with someone I just chalk it up to the price you pay for doing business with folks you don't know and I make a mental note of the whole ordeal/circumstances and decide wether or not I will ever try to do business with that person again, wether it is selling or buying.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not and never will be on gun broker.
    But just about everyone on this board has a reputation for lowballing.
    Like I said, its a long standing joke here. That's why I do not sell much. And of I do its at give away price or free.
    I'm not saying everyone has to give things away, but don't get butt hurt if something gets sold out from under you. If you want it that bad walk down to Dicks and pay retail.
    ETA: And maybe the $100vs$101 comparison is a little much. But if I ask $100 and I get a PM saying they will "do me a favor" and give me $60. Then Yea, Imma take any offer over that.

In my opinion, "I'll take it" means that I will take it at the advertised price.
    It's an honor system both ways. In my humble opinion, that's the huge benefit of dealing through this gun forum.
    I disagree with your thought that it is ok to advertise a price, receive an agreement to purchase at your asking price, then sell it to someone who comes after and offers you a few more bucks.
    If you state up front that "I am taking highest bid offered" then you are communicating your intentions and no one should have hard feelings. No disrespect, but maybe gunbroker or armslist would be a more appropriate vehicle to sell in this manner.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guys, I haven't read through all of this thread, nor do I care to. Everyone's got their own opinion and there are other places on the forum where discussing them is more fitting. DaBreeze stated his account of the situation, which is what this section is made for. If Gatorguz87 would like to give his account, I'll allow that. Until then, this thread is closed.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    +++Gatorguz87+++

I've known GatorGuz for a few years, I have done many deals with him and I did my latest deal with him today. I got a great deal on a great gun and couldn't be happier with the gun, the price or anything else about the deal. GatorGuz is a patriot, a good Marine, and a good friend. Deal with confidence.

Gatorguz87

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you very much my friend! I'm glad you like the pistol and hope you enjoy it. If you ever sell her please let me know; I might just have to by it back!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom