• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    I have spoken with Bryan Hamlin, an attorney in Pensacola who is offering to establish NFA gun trusts for GCGF Members at a reduced rate of $150 until Thanksgiving, just mention you're a forum member. After Thanksgiving his GCGF price will be $200, still $50 less than his normal fee.

Bryan recently became a member of GCGF and his user name is NFA Trust Attorney. You may contact Bryan @ bhamlin@hamlinlawfirm.com or 850-912-8530. I have heard nothing but great things about Bryan and was impressed at how quickly he contacted me regarding my trust and his genuine offer to help our members at a generous discount. I encourage you to contact him if you need a NFA Trust created.

Regards, Clay

Bryan J. Hamlin is available statewide to service your gun trust needs, quickly, efficiently, and affordably.

In the state of Florida, individuals are legally allowed to own and possess short barrel rifles and shotguns, suppressors, and fully automatic firearms. However, certain State and Federal procedures must be followed, and ultimately approval must be given by the A.T.F.

Do not cut corners using a flawed trust for N.F.A firearm ownership. Using a traditional trust attorney, do it yourself gun trust online, or otherwise, may produce an invalid trust. You risk putting your desired trustees and heirs in a position where they have unlawful possession of these firearms, and your intentions are not secured.

*Allows for legal transfer of your weapons if something were to happen to you
    *Your customized trust can be used for your entire arsenal, including firearms, suppressors, ammunition, and magazines
    *A trust can protect your privacy without a public court proceeding
    *No chief law enforcement signature, fingerprints, or photograph required
    *Your paperwork can be dealt with electronically, thus expediting the traditional paper process
    *Anyone listed as a trustee in the trust can be in possession of the items in the trust
    *You only need to create a trust once. The same trust can be used for all future National Firearms Act items, and the trustees can be changed at any time.

poff09

Marksman
    Thanks for this info...been seriously considering this lately...too bad I won't be moving back to pcola till the 1st of the year...how long is the turnaround time??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clay

Master
    Thanks for this info...been seriously considering this lately...too bad I won't be moving back to pcola till the 1st of the year...how long is the turnaround time??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd contact him for that info, he's a really mellow guy who is happy to explain anything and answer questions.

NFA Trust Attorney

bhamlin@hamlinlawfirm.com
    I can produce your trust within 24 hours. Also, the entire process can be done via the internet. Contact me at bhamlin@hamlinlawfirm.com or (850)912-8530 if you'd like to begin the process

NFA Trust Attorney

Welcome to the forum and thanks for what you're doing!

Would you be able to produce a trust for an Alabama resident?

Thanks!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I only have a license to practice law in Florida, however I have partnered with an Alabama licensed of counsel to produce trusts for Alabama residents. We would honor the same deal to Alabama residents until Thanksgiving.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I only have a license to practice law in Florida, however I have partnered with an Alabama licensed of counsel to produce trusts for Alabama residents. We would honor the same deal to Alabama residents until Thanksgiving.

Great! Thanks for the quick answer. I might be getting in touch with you very soon.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

Welcome!!

Do the serial #'s of all my guns go on the trust, only NFA items go on the trust? cAN the trust be expanded to a family trust? Is there another way than a trust w only 2 people involved to accomplish the same thing as a family trust. Without NFA items is there any reason to have a Gun trust? Is this all done on the internet or do we have to visit your office? Thanks

Clay

Master
    Welcome!!

Do the serial #'s of all my guns go on the trust, only NFA items go on the trust? cAN the trust be expanded to a family trust? Is there another way than a trust w only 2 people involved to accomplish the same thing as a family trust. Without NFA items is there any reason to have a Gun trust? Is this all done on the internet or do we have to visit your office? Thanks

Frank- see post #5

NFA Trust Attorney

Welcome!!

You can put all of your non-NFA items on the trust, but the trust is most viable for NFA items. For NFA items, the trust allows you to avoid CLEO signature, photos, prints, and also allows your designated parties to possess the NFA item(s) without your presence. As you see most of the aforementioned isn't really applicable to non-NFA purposes, but could be helpful to designate non-NFA items should something happen to you. You probably could expand the trust to a "family trust", however do you want the ATF to see all of your personal business when you submit your trust? The ATF does recognize entities other than trusts to possess NFA items(e.g. corporations), however I think most people in the industry would agree that a trust is the preferred entity. You don't have to worry about filing with the state, annual fees, board meetings, dissolution, etc. I would NOT recommend wasting your time or money on a gun trust for non-NFA items alone. Yes, this all can be done via the internet, but I'd be glad to meet you at my office if you prefer.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Thank you very much, I think you covered it all. I guess in my case with no NFA items a family trust is more what I need between my SO and myself. I assume a will also covers it but w a trust there is no probate. Also we have cars and property sometime in just one name then I could also add my guns and a family trust would make the transition easier I assume.

NFA Trust Attorney

Thank you very much, I think you covered it all. I guess in my case with no NFA items a family trust is more what I need between my SO and myself. I assume a will also covers it but w a trust there is no probate. Also we have cars and property sometime in just one name then I could also add my guns and a family trust would make the transition easier I assume.

No problem. You are correct, a trust generally bypasses probate/court, and in my humble opinion if you don't foresee any bickering over the cars, property, and firearms, I would recommend a trust over a will...I can assist you with as well if you ever have the need.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No problem. You are correct, a trust generally bypasses probate/court, and in my humble opinion if you don't foresee any bickering over the cars, property, and firearms, I would recommend a trust over a will...I can assist you with as well if you ever have the need.

Thanks I will give you a call next week. If you will edit your signature with your name # and addy it would help folks trying to contact you, Just like your business card..Thanks

Medic

Marksman
    So, With the trust, am I able to leave the state with the device? I want a suppressor for Texas hunting. Thanks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom