• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jagerslayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spoke to the gentleman that owns Precision Tactical in Crest view today. They are starting an IDPA and or 2 gun events at the K&M range in Baker. Check them out at www.ptarms.com.

House

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If any of the forum members in the crestview/fort walton haven't been to Precision you are missing out! I was very impressed with their customer service and the store/shop is fantastic. Even if you live a bit away from crestview it is certainly worth the drive...

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I spoke to them about this 2 gun match, and it sounded really impressive. They told me that they were going to sign up here on the forum to promote it, but I haven't seen them yet.

I'll definitely be looking to check out one of these matches in the near future!

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is all ways some people that don't know what it takes to just do a small shoot, would like for them to put one together. These are the ones that want something for nothing . I have been a member of K&M for all most 2 yrs and have made it out just a couple of times. But enjoy knowing I have some place like that too go to. Just my 5 cents jj

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been a member of K&M for all most 2 yrs and have made it out just a couple of times. But enjoy knowing I have some place like that too go to. Just my 5 cents jj

Same here, my school schedule has made it difficult to find the time during "normal people" hours.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    needs match description/rules. what shooting discipline will this fall under? IDPA multigun, USPSA rules, US Carbine Assoc. or an outlaw match?

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I asked them a few questions on their facebook page. Once I hear from them, I'll reply here. I'm gonna do this match, just want to know what I'm headed into....

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I asked them a few questions on their facebook page. Once I hear from them, I'll reply here. I'm gonna do this match, just want to know what I'm headed into....

If its a USCA match, im game. But I doubt it. More than likely an outlaw/freestyle match. 6.8 spc and $3k scopes anyone?

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm afraid it might come down to a distance-heavy outcome. I'm gonna shoot my 16" carbine with a red dot and see what I can do. Even shooting .223 and 9mm, it's gonna cost a few pennies to get through the proposed round count. Hope we get some sort of reply soon, this thing is next weekend....

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm afraid it might come down to a distance-heavy outcome. I'm gonna shoot my 16" carbine with a red dot and see what I can do. Even shooting .223 and 9mm, it's gonna cost a few pennies to get through the proposed round count. Hope we get some sort of reply soon, this thing is next weekend....

Yep. A red dot setup is perfect for "No Magnification" division in USCA. these guys are long range shooters with long planet-spotting scopes.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jogan you might want to give Ward a call at Precision Tactical. I think the Facebook page is only used for marketing. I doubt he checks it daily. It looks like I will be missing this one. If only the PTAC crew offered child care. Oh well there will be 8 others to attend.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    finally called and got through to one of the guys that works there. here's what I found out.....

Basically NO rules. Run whatcha brung. All shooters will be grouped into ONE class. No restrictions on optics or caliber. No need for weapon lights. The shooting house will be there for us to shoot OUT of, not clear rooms. There will be 8 stages. 4, then break for lunch, then the last 4. There will be ONE stage that has the long shot on it. Something around 400yds. The guy said it would be simple enough to hit with iron sights and red dots. Something along the lines of a 3' wide 4' tall slab of steel to hit. We'd need to bring about 300 rounds of AR bb's and about 250 rounds of pistol bb's. If you have a "super cool 3 gun cart" to haul you gear around with, highly recommended. We'll be moving from range to range between stages. This match will just have the trophies as prizes. No cash, no merchandise. Who's in?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well, how was it?

I had an excellent time, tons of stuff that I've never done before thrown into the match, very nice people etc. I just saw the scores and it appears that I tied for 10th with 2 other guys out of 34 shooters which is definitely better than I had anticipated. I will DEFINITELY be attending the next match.

I have 4 of the 6 stage videos up and edited, don't make fun, I know I'm not good or a pro :D . I didn't know the official stage names, so I made up my own.

Vids:
    For some reason they aren't in HD, except for the 1, not sure of what I did wrong this was my first time fooling with that camera.

Top Bottom