• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When: 10 Setup begins at 7, Registration closes at 8:30 sharp, matches are usually done between 11-2.

Where: Escambia River Gun Club http://escambiarivergunclub.org/

IDPA Defensive Pistol Match
    Shooting Disciplines: USCA
    Bay Closed: Bays 2 and 3
    The Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters hold IDPA events on the Third Sunday and Fourth Saturday of the month. Setup begins at 7:00am, registration CLOSES at 8:30am sharp. For more information about IDPA at ERGC visit the NWFLDPS web site.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian is that date right?? The third Sun is the 19 th.

Ops you are talking about a diffrent match.:frusty: I'm old !!!

Last edited:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like this one will be the carbine/pistol match so I'll risk divorce to make this one!

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can this thread's title be changed? It isn't correct. 10/25/14 match will be a Rifle/Pistol match with no side match so we have time to shoot all four stages. I believe it should be entitled IDPA 10/25/2014 Rifle/Pistol Match (No Side Match) @ ERGC

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can this thread's title be changed? It isn't correct. 10/25/14 match will be a Rifle/Pistol match with no side match so we have time to shoot all four stages. I believe it should be entitled IDPA 10/25/2014 Rifle/Pistol Match (No Side Match) @ ERGC

Got it. Are we going to be following USCA rules/divisions/etc.?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brant says I can't shoot my 9MM Beretta Storm... I'm out :D

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Boss cancelled Baton Rouge. I'll be there. I'm not too concerned with the regs, but I do think Ian should shoot a real rifle. :)

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For anyone interested in taking a look at the rules, they can be found here: http://www.uscarbineassociation.com/images/pdf/USCARulebook.pdf

Looks like Ian can shoot the Freestyle division with the CX4.

5.7. Freestyle Division
    Freestyle is USCA’s non-competitive division that may be available in Alpha level matches only. This
    division is meant for the shooter that is unsure of what division he/she wishes to shoot in. It is also for
    the shooter who wants to take a break from their usual division and try different firearms. This division
    can also be for a shooter who isn’t interested in being "competitive" and only wants to come out and
    have fun and/or work on personal shooting goals.

All USCA equipment rules apply, though the shooter may use virtually any semi-auto rifle and pistol
    combination. Any classifier stages shot while competing in this division will not count towards any
    recorded classification.

Shooters must abide by all safety rules and stage descriptions. Allowable equipment may be adjusted
    by local club rules, the host range and/or the match director.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He's only competitive after he beats you by .3 seconds on one stage out of four.

Its the small victories... When I lose to you on 99 percent of the stages, I MUST celebrate when I win.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Regarding the following of U.S. Carbine Association rules, I think it's too early for everyone to have fully digested all their new rules. It would be ideal if everyone were well-versed in the new regs but everyone should follow the safety rules and that means as laid out in Section 2 of Safety Rules and the Sling portion Section 4.8 "4.8. Sling
    The rifle must ALWAYS be slung whenever a shot is fired. Legal use of a sling means the sling is attached to both the competitor and the rifle where if the rifle were to be released by both hands, and the competitor’s arms are extended straight to the ground, it would hang safely and securely from the competitor’s body. A procedural penalty (+5 seconds) will be assessed for every shot taken with the rifle without the sling properly donned."

We haven't purchased their propriety targets which are a little different, especially in the head area with an A and B scoring area within that small area. I think if we just use IDPA rules for now, let everyone have a good, safe time at the match and get an idea as to whether everyone would like to continue this type of match we can have a month or more in making sure everyone is then up to speed on the rules and regulations. If we utilize their targets, we'll probably have to join their organization and then charge membership fees, which are very low. So let's just go on as we have and get with the regs on the next match.

MilVet09

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah they use USPSA targets for this match. The A zone in the middle is bigger also, however I agree no matter what just having a fun and safe event will be great. I am sure most will just like shooting their long guns.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's a copy / paste of the email that I got from Mike with some more info about the match:

This Saturday's match is not IDPA sanctioned and will be run similar to the U.S. Carbine Association match rules. I say similar because I haven't digested all the rules and I'm sure not many of you have yet either. This match is a Rifle/Pistol match, a two gun event. 60% of shots are from rifle, with 40% from pistol. These scores WILL NOT be posted on the IDPA website. You'll receive the Excel spreadsheet.

If you have a chance to go the website of http://www.uscarbineassociation.com/ you can see some of their videos. I think you'll like it. Depending on how this match goes, we'll decide whether we want to make this a more regular event. If you don't own a semi-auto rifle suitable for this match and you would still like to participate, come anyway as I am sure someone would lend you their rifle. You just have to bring the ammo, which should be around 100 rounds of rifle ammo, and about 40 to 50 rounds of pistol. Don't forget your rifle's SLING, otherwise you don't get to play with the rest of the kids. HOWEVER, if you are not comfortable yet with moving around with a slung rifle, we can make a one-time exception for you to lay the rifle on a barrel or down on a rest to transition to pistol, but the whole idea is to get used to carrying both and to transition from one to the other. Learn it now while you're practicing and can work out any kinks. If we do decide to run this type of match, we will be using USCA's rules and if we want to use their proprietary targets, we'll probably have to join USCA, but they are real cheap and we may not need their targets after all.

Sorry for the encyclopedia edition,

Mike Robinette

100 rifle rounds, 40-50 pistol rounds.

Top Bottom