• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Regarding the following of U.S. Carbine Association rules, I think it's too early for everyone to have fully digested all their new rules. It would be ideal if everyone were well-versed in the new regs but everyone should follow the safety rules and that means as laid out in Section 2 of Safety Rules and the Sling portion Section 4.8 "4.8. Sling
    The rifle must ALWAYS be slung whenever a shot is fired. Legal use of a sling means the sling is attached to both the competitor and the rifle where if the rifle were to be released by both hands, and the competitor’s arms are extended straight to the ground, it would hang safely and securely from the competitor’s body. A procedural penalty (+5 seconds) will be assessed for every shot taken with the rifle without the sling properly donned."

We haven't purchased their propriety targets which are a little different, especially in the head area with an A and B scoring area within that small area. I think if we just use IDPA rules for now, let everyone have a good, safe time at the match and get an idea as to whether everyone would like to continue this type of match we can have a month or more in making sure everyone is then up to speed on the rules and regulations. If we utilize their targets, we'll probably have to join their organization and then charge membership fees, which are very low. So let's just go on as we have and get with the regs on the next match.

I have no sling and I don't think I have a forward sling loop. Oops....

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Blackhawk sling at WallyWorld or Academy should run just a few bucks. You can also get the rail mounted sling attachment at one of the two (most likely Academy). Ever get that thing running right?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yeah, finally. Works perfectly with the heavy buffer and a hand full of lube on the bolt.

I think it's funny when people are like: put a drop here, here, and here. Pffft! I spray it down with the can of Rem Oil as if I were painting the thing. Lol. Never had a problem.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it's funny when people are like: put a drop here, here, and here. Pffft! I spray it down with the can of Rem Oil as if I were painting the thing. Lol. Never had a problem.

I am used to pistol where beyond a little drop only promotes dirt and malfunctions. Getting used to the AR world.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    bohica I think I have a buffer tube ami hook deal thing for a sling and a single point bungee sling you can have. i'll check tonight.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I call this the "Paul" lubrication method. Everything he has is drenched in CLP. haha

MilVet09

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah sadly I finally broke down and had to put some oil on the Glock, She held up for a solid 10,000+ rounds before that happened though so I guess I can't complain too much haha.

Last edited:

MilVet09

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone have a spare single point sling they can bring tomorrow? I can't find mine anywhere and Walmart's in this area seem to not care about the AR community.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Does anyone have a spare single point sling they can bring tomorrow? I can't find mine anywhere and Walmart's in this area seem to not care about the AR community.

I sure don't, but I can tell you that Wally World on 29 will have one and you'll be going right past it on the way to ERGC. They have a whole "tactical" aisle. Worst case scenario is they have no slings and you'll have to borrow one of ours (I run a 2pt though).

MilVet09

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah normally I run 2 point also, those are in VA with my other AR's though. I will stop by that wally world in the morning though. I forgot there was one up there.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just finished final stages. Email of stages going out in a few minutes. Hope you can get a look at them, maybe print for your review, OR . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . do just what everyone else does . . . . YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S GOING TO BE LIKE UNTIL YOU GET THERE!!!! The bad guys don't tell you what their plans are.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maybe three rifle and three pistol. You really shouldn't need more than two of either during the stage, but in case you get dirt in a mag, you may want to have clean ones available. We'll be inserting a dummy round in a mag on one of the stages, so don't load them all the way up. I always bring extras even if I don't use them.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    How did the match go today?
    I think everyone had a great time. Brant and I got split off from the BFF squad, but there weren't enough of us to have us all in one, so that's ok.
    LOTS of rounds down range, which was a lot of fun. In fact, it took more rounds than the total 150 estimated. Luckily, the more prepared were kind enough to help the less prepared. Thanks!
    As for me, on my first stage (stage 2), I tried shooting the 45 like it was a 9, so my shots were all over the place. On my second stage (stage 1), I was doing double taps instead of the required rifle triple taps, and upon realizing that, on the 5th target, I went back to top off the first four, and forgot target six altogether. My third stage (stage 4) felt pretty good in comparission. My fourth stage (stage 3) was a complete disaster. Ed was kind enough to loan me some of his ammo, so I started with plenty of ammo, shooting fast and doing great. Ed resizes his cases based on the particular dimensions of the chamber of his 556 rifle. Unfortunately, my 223 Wylde chambered rifle did NOT like Ed's ammo, so a case got stuck in the chamber, putting an end to my rifle shooting for the time being, so I set the rifle down and continued with the 45, but so flustered that I lost my place after reloading the pistol and skipped a target altogether.
    I knew I was off today after taking or failing to take the correct turn on my way to the the range a grand total of THREE TIMES!!! Lol.
    Needless to say, I'll be right at the bottom, but it was all so much fun that it really doesn't matter AT ALL. I am very much looking forward to just a good old fashioned IDPA pistol match.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a blast. That was a LOT of rounds. I brought 2 boxes, one was a 120 round mini ammo can and I had another 250 round box as well. Ian pointed out that my 250 round box was not allowed for the steel targets, so I just used the 120 rounds and thought I would have enough. Ended up stealing a few rounds from a buddy to get me through the match (thanks Ian!). I think my times were there...we'll have to wait for the scores to come out, now.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hate I missed this one. Hopefully we can do it again sometime. Any videos taken?

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After watching Dan's videos,it looks like he set up some pretty tuff stages. Was there not a large turn out for this match?

Top Bottom