• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really enjoyed the one stage I got to shoot, but thanks to multiple rifle malfunctions, I called it a day early and just carried a clipboard the rest of the time. It was a lot of fun and wish I could have gone further but my dance partner let me down.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I really enjoyed the one stage I got to shoot, but thanks to multiple rifle malfunctions, I called it a day early and just carried a clipboard the rest of the time. It was a lot of fun and wish I could have gone further but my dance partner let me down.

Oh man, I did not realize that! You could've shot mine. Thanks again for the PPU, I'll get you back next match.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No worries Dante. I had several offers from people to let me used their rifles as well, but by this time, was so aggravated that I would have shot poorly anyway. I ordered a new gas block and tube this morning. I tore the rifle down and found evidense of gas leakage where the tube connects to the gas block, so I am just gonna replace both.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I see, fair enough. I figured it had to be more than just the buffer. If you got another gas block that uses set screws, I'm sure Ian would dimple the barrel for you. He did mine and it works great, it makes a big difference IMO. let us know how it turns out.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Scores are emailed out. There won't be any posting to WWW.IDPA.com since it wasn't an IDPA match. I am sorry I got carried away with the round count, but I wanted it to be a true combat scenario and I guess we did get our feet wet, found out little problems with our equipment, slings, gas blocks, buffers, magazines stuck in mag wells, optics not properly sighted in (me!) AND NO ONE WAS SHOOTING AT US! Thank the Lord!!

Some folks were getting in tune with their gun not having had it slung on their person and remembering to flip up the rear sight. Pressure is a cooker and congratulations to the folks whose equipment didn't let them down. It's good to see their practice has paid off.

Regular match next month. Someone suggested a stage with one target at 15 yards and see how fast you could put 18 holes in the head zone!!! Wouldn't that be a kicker? Would be nice with a RMR sight on your pistol for that one, but that's another story.

If you have a stage you would like to submit, email me the .pdf file to jmrobinette@reagan.com. IDPA Stage Designer is also pretty good for designing, but BE CAREFUL where you click on the page. I lost Stage 2 three times trying to set it up and lost it without saving it and editing it. For every time you save it, another version of the stage is created with suffix numbers to differentiate it and you have to remember to go back and delete the extra versions or you'll have three or four of the same basic stage. I wish I could find those 3D designer sites. They really add depth to the printout.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see, fair enough. I figured it had to be more than just the buffer. If you got another gas block that uses set screws, I'm sure Ian would dimple the barrel for you. He did mine and it works great, it makes a big difference IMO. let us know how it turns out.

I'm happy to help should you need any, or you can borrow the jig if you want. It assures perfect alignment of the gas block, hasn't let me down yet.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So . . . . next month, should we have a side match with semi-auto shotguns with one in each hand advancing on the targets? Clays on the right and steel on the left!!!

Top Bottom