• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    DS Arms makes a belt fed semi auto gun kinda like an RPK, called RPD for less than $2k. Non NFA and it fires the best round ever put into an AR, 7.62x39, so then you'd get commonality in your new favorite caliber. Pretty cool. ;)

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    In 6.8 Dan? They already have 36,000 6.8 rifles and SBR's with millions rds of ammo in theater, for those units they wanted the same ammo for the SAW. This also rebarrels for the 556 and 7.62x39 so is quite versatile. Sorry none for the 300WTF or 6.5.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The Saudis and Jordanian elite forces and Royal protection forces took possession of the 6.8's about 40K total LWRC, along w the Six8 Pmags and ATK ammo to go along w them.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I was really just trying to tease Frank some more about his x39. Had to try. :)

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'm trying to have fun, it's been boring around here lately, but you won't quite react. Lol.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Brandon, it was politics and Remington dropped the ball on the 6.8, when the SPCII standard was set it fixed it. BUT the SAAMI spec is the SPC and that is what the Military goes by..

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    what frank said, also remington decided to try and rush a cartridge through without enough R&D. They had the twist rate all wrong and it performed very poorly. Fucking Remington.....

I would have loved to have had a 6.8 rd versus 5.56 many of times over there. A lot more kinetic energy behind the 6.8. Puts people and Hogs down quickly!

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what frank said, also remington decided to try and rush a cartridge through without enough R&D. They had the twist rate all wrong and it performed very poorly. Fucking Remington.....

I would have loved to have had a 6.8 rd versus 5.56 many of times over there. A lot more kinetic energy behind the 6.8. Puts people and Hogs down quickly!

Plus all that surplus ammo :) Makes me wonder if they did make the 6.8 standard issue would the 300 blackout ever been invented?

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I know I make fun of the 300WTF but it has a place when suppressed and sub sonic, I know the 6.8 performs better even then but for a specific purpose they are alright.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    More news!!

A few things new to report.
    The MGA SAW is chambered in SPCII not the early SPC chamber.
    They have confirmed a large shipment to a US ally.
    The website has been updated with a bunch of new information.
    Including this comparison of the 5.56 and 6.8 http://www.machinegunarmory.com/DOCS/TechSpec_6.8_ADVANTAGE.pdf

Cartridge works in old SAW's! MGA now provides patent-pending Caliber Conversion Kits to update the FN MINIMI® worldwide from 5.56x45mm to 6.8mm SPC II .
    Both the FN M249 and FN MINIMI can be updated with 6.8 SPCII conversion kits which are also shipping.
    This is huge for countries already using the FN M249 and ordering the MGA SAW in 6.8.
    All existing SAW's in their inventories can be updated to the same caliber.

In speaking with my contact the 6.8 SAW was not ever meant to replace the 7.62 but to replace and update the 5.56 to the increased firepower of the 6.8.

There is much talk of our military doing away with the SAW. AAI with LSAT, telescopic or caseless ammo.
    Those solutions are still years out and in testing.
    This is an update to existing weapons and an improved version of the existing M249.
    That could be on the battlefield in months not years.

Top Bottom