• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I agree though, teaching able bodied kids to ask for handouts is BS. I once paid a bit much for a couple of chickens to an 11 year old chicken breeder because I was so impressed with her little business. As an entrepreneur, I like to support that kind of entrepreneurial hard working spirit in kids.

Handouts? EFFF NO!

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every weekend in Central Baldwin county there is people at the intersections of 104 & 59, 64 & 59, 54 & 55, and College & 90 selling stale ass Krispy Kreme donuts and then you go to any grocery store in the area on a Saturday and there is some organization bagging your groceries for tips. When I walk into a store and see that I immediately walk out, I mean heck you are already getting ass raped buying groceries then they want a tip for a service that is normally free. I agree with other people wash my truck, rake a yard, o cut grass to earn money. RANT OFF!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This happens at the Publix at the corner of Pine Forrest Rd. and 9 Mile Rd. quite often. I will give money(usually a 5$ bill)if:

* The kids that are collecting the money are "respectful".
    * They have some parents with them and they are "respectful".
    * They are all in uniform. Typical is a little girls cheerleading squad,a boys little league team,a school band,and others of the like.

I feel that if they are there on their day off from school,they must want/need the donation. If their chaperone is friendly and seems thankful,I will sometimes give more. Before I pull my money out I will talk to the kids and get a feel for the above. I give according to how enthused they are and seem to need/want the donations. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I frequently give to people, what is a buck to me may be a difference if they eat that day at all or whatever they are trying to do. But then I am a sucked for a sad story or kids in general...homeless Vets are top on the list, I don't care if I am suckered 2 out of 3 times, makes me feel like a better person. The recipients attitude is everything to me, so line up and be nice and sincere!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I refuse to give handouts to the able bodied.

When people can come to this country, and not even know the language and make a living by busting their ass and making no excuses, there is no reason born American citizens can't do the same. Look back in your own family tree, it's in all of us. Making something from nothing through hard work and ingenuity. It's the American dream and the American way.

That's what we should be encouraging, rewarding and reinforcing in the children.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dan you give people money every time you sell a gun...nice donations

True. I write that off in my mind as entertainment expense. It's for the good of the hobby and you gotta pay to play. I consider many on here friends, and I don't mind hooking up my friends. :)

aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't stand that various organizations have kids asking for handouts to fund their activities. I agree with OP....sell me something overpriced or do a small service. We're teaching kids to beg, and to expect something for nothing. I don't remember asking for donations to fund sports or school organizations when I was a kid. I do remember selling alot of candy, working food booths, having labor auctions, ets.

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey they were just trying to earn their Obama Panhandling Badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Fluoride makes you sterile!!
    God willing... this gun business is expensive. I definitely won't be able to afford it with kids...

And I'll get up with you in about 10 days on the ammo... I'll buy 4-5 boxes at that price.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The automated meters on the side of your house record conversations too.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    God willing... this gun business is expensive. I definitely won't be able to afford it with kids...

And I'll get up with you in about 10 days on the ammo... I'll buy 4-5 boxes at that price.

You talking about the white tail?

Latest posts

Top Bottom