• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That is funny, ATN recalled all the 3x's till they get the focal ring on them, I doubt if they have that done yet?

You are the first I have heard getting good customer service...i AM GLAD FOR YOU!!

So you can see nothing at night? Did you redownload and install the firmware?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So glad I didn't bite. Sounded too good to be true and it looks like it's panning out that way.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a lot of lights and nothing compares to night vision, then Thermal is a world of its own...just too costly for a hobby and not making a living off it and filming. You do not realize how much you are missing without either, especially thermal.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have every light and setup known to man, nothing compares to night vision, then Thermal is a world of its own...just too costly for a hobby and not making a living off it and filming. You do not realize how much you are missing without either, especially thermal.

I will agree. But I have had no problem putting enough pork in my freezer with a $75 light on my rifle. I'm not out to eradicate whole herds from the field under the cover of darkness. One per shot is good enough for me. With about 1/4 moon, I can make out a hog outline in my scope with no light. Flip the light on and pull the trigger equals dead hog.

I'm just saying that the average hunter looking to night hunt a hog or two can do so a lot cheaper and very easily.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    TP, I have done it for years that way and 1 hog at a time, maybe 2 and that is all you need...I thinking funner and more time to choose the hog you want, then eradication is a whole other thing.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TP, I have done it for years that way and 1 hog at a time, maybe 2 and that is all you need...I thinking funner and more time to choose the hog you want, then eradication is a whole other thing.

Got to pay to play!

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah the tech I worked with was good and easy - didn't take long for him to say send it back. Got my RMA and FedEx shipping label in my email this afternoon. To say I get nothing would be wrong...last evening around 7 while there was still twilight I could pick up trees tops, using the illuminator I could not light up a tree in my yard, my fence or a shed, but if I hit the window on the shed I could see the bright reflection of the illuminator - nothing more. If it works as I have seen videos on Youtube show, I will be happy. Still waiting on a reply from F&W and if I don't get one I plan to use it for deer during legal hours only and once deer is done try some nights hunting coyotes. I did not reload the firmware - it does show the latest version installed. I did reset to factory defaults in the event I screwed the pooch in setup.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well shoot, I worked extensively w mine and the new one shipped today, wish I could help but really sounds like factory service is best..sorry for your trouble.

If the IR was working and on you should see clearly in complete darkness green or B&W.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was shocked at the weight difference between the 3x and 5x, thought is was to be 2.2lbs. Still having recording issues, any one close to me want to try it and see what the get to see if it may be me causing this? You need a mini 32gb sd card, batteries are in it.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well set mine up this morning. Can't wait to try it out tonight. One thing interesting....when I went to update the firmware I found out that my firmware was .0174 on the website only had .0173. I guess there is another update to be published. Haven't tried to record yet. Guess I'll try that tonight.

Idoono

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank video recording at HD requires a good quality SD card. Look for one that is rated at least Class 10 or UHS 2 or three for the best quality video if you aren't already.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    here we go
    test 5x18 Xsight after downloading VLC media player per ATN tech...still plays in Quicktime but records every time and so far I have been able to play..2-2
    Will continue testing. VLC is the program they are telling people to use that get no audio in their recording...I think all I was getting was audio before...we shall see. Has audio

Top Bottom