• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theeyeguy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Few things:

Resolution is low, as expected. I wouldn't feel comfortable with long shots at night with this like I do with my Gen3 stuff.

This video is shot using extra IR light.

That being said, I'm excited, even though they keep pushing everything back!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The quality is downgraded when posting to Utube, and what you see is not what is shown through the viewfinder. It was sloppily done by the ATN staff and is virtually useless...ATN sucks!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I do believe the fool jumping around in the video is a VP of ATN, I think all the sales and marketing people associated w this product should be fired for incompetence!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Marketing aside, do you give it a thumbs up and thumbs down? Looks cool at that price point.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Me ?? I'm just really hopeing that everyone that really,really wants to be the first to own one,just gets their wish fulfilled.

And ........ I would not need,and indeed use,all the stuff that it does and would not want to pay for it. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jerry, no way to give you a thumbs up or down as it has not been released yet and the public has no clue. IF is is what they say it is it will be a major breakthru in NV especially at ther published price point. It is the most advanced core ever used, IF it works. Notice all the IF's, mine has been on order since Feb with a promised April delivery...lol

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jerry, no way to give you a thumbs up or down as it has not been released yet and the public has no clue. IF is is what they say it is it will be a major breakthru in NV especially at ther published price point. It is the most advanced core ever used, IF it works. Notice all the IF's, mine has been on order since Feb with a promised April delivery...lol

Thanks Frank, I am on the edge of ordering. I saw a couple sites that said it would ship in a couple months. If it delivers as promised I can't imagine it not being a great little NV to have. I also agree with Sawman that it is full of features that I don't think I would ever use, but maybe so.
    Keep us posted when you get yours and update with HD video!.
    I'm just a little nervous about purchase without any real field reports. I don't need another $700.00 cam corder. But I'm going to be optimistic!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jerry most folks buy things w options they do not use but at least they are there, you don't have to use them...or you may find out, "how did I operate without this for so many years" The difference here is the core processor, the 1080HP HD viewing and the ability to use day and night. PLUS it has a DVR built in for recording what you are viewing. For $500-700 you simply cannot get all that with any unit on the market.

Because of youtube views a friend of mine has a 3K rifle, 2K scope, ammo, gas, 12K thermal, and much more provided to him at no charge, another has alot more than that for many year...TV shows, no all due to Utube hits from recorded hunts. It does not take a PHD to know the value of recording hunts even if they are not good enough for TV...40K-140K hits in a year or 2 really puts you on the map as far as sponsors go. After the first year or 2 of sponsorships the sponsored equipment is freely given to the hunter instead of heavily discounted, 1 sponsorship leads to another...it is simply amazing!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hmmmmm..... the hog "hunt" ..... ?? Did anyone else wonder why there was no reticle in the pic or why the vid was shot ONLY during the daylight hours.

The deer ...... why was it taken during the daylight hours. This(these) times of day and conditions would be better suited to a regular scope I would think.(And STILL no reticle.) I understand that this is a dual usage scope(day and night),but especially being a new release product,I would expect to see some night footage,using the night vision,with the reticle,showing the resolution at different ranges during different conditions.

If I'm payin' for NV ... then fer Christ's sake ... show me some NV. How silly !!

Unfortunately ........ the vid in the OP ..... uhhhh .... makes more sense. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The X-Sight and in fact ALL Digital scopes are DAY/NIGHT scopes, that is why, they have release the night video, this is the first Day video. There either is an option or the reticle does not show in the videos but is there for the live shot to the shooter. The beauty of Digital Scope is the ability to use the same device Day and night, same as Thermal. The core of this sight is the most advanced in the industry, the ability to record, while in use without an external device is not available to any other sight. The APP has also been released so you can actually watch what the sight sees through your Smart Phone without having to hold your rifle up to your eye and by WIFI you can watch on your TV/computer at home without dismounting your SD card. Hope that helps

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    well mine is shipping to me the 21'st, we shall see how it is all that and a bag of chips.. anyone want to get a hands on and looksie, Pm OR CALL ME, I will be glad to let you take a look. I feel like a Guinea pig for ATN but took the leap of faith, my review will not be biased in any way, if it turns out to be a good or bad purchase you will know. I don't try to cover up the fact I got taken and if that is the case you will not suffer as I have.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Doubtful unless it was a demo for a dealer as they are not shipping out yet to customers...but does not matter for me. I have had it on order since Feb and is on a pre-order price, alot cheaper than available now for.

Besides it has been vaporware for a year until I get a working unit in my hot hands...lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom