• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Correct. The ladysmith that I shot was stainless. I'm not sure whether or not the weight will be a factor for my cousin's wife to carry, but after handling it and feeling the weight, I don't think I personally would have any issues carrying all day.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try getting with and talking to Ronda at the Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range - Ronda is an experienced instructor and is at the indoor range on Fridays.

I have had a lot of ladies shoot the Walther PK380 - very easy to work the slide - have a friend, April, whose 10 year old daughter demostrates that at gun shows with AA Tactical, single action semi.

Last edited:

duchamp6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a chic, i carry a ruger lcp .380, during the day and a Smith and Wesson Airweight w/a crimson trace laser grip at night. I'm about to get a laser grip for the lcp. It's so easy to conceal. My sister in law carries the Keltec .380 but I ain't gonna lie, you know you've shot it when you're done lol. Just my 2 cents.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The Boss just fell in love with the S&W shield. She likes how slim it is and the fact that it had a safety. For $400 street price, it's one heck of a gun. Much comfier than the XDS, M&P9C, or G26.

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for all of the encouragement (both on my behalf and hers) and advice. I hate the way my lcp shoots but i love the conceal-ability especially in a (mikes pocket holster) and its straight forward point and click no frills. I personally love the s&w shield as well was really looking everywhere for them when they came onto the market a couple years back and could NOT find them (which i guess was good considering the recalls). We will hopefully be going out to shoot sometime soon. I went out last week and tried to persuade her into shooting the AR just for kicks and she would have no part at all in it. But as a previous reply listed.....i dont want to push her into shooting on a day that she simply doesnt have the nerve to. I dont mind taking my time with her or any inexperienced shooter, its not worth rushing. Although i have to get her over the fear of slide bite and of the simple concussion of the round going off. Thanks again for all of the helpful replies! ive actually showed her many of the replies from female members and i believe its increased her confidence.

schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all of the encouragement (both on my behalf and hers) and advice. I hate the way my lcp shoots but i love the conceal-ability especially in a (mikes pocket holster) and its straight forward point and click no frills. I personally love the s&w shield as well was really looking everywhere for them when they came onto the market a couple years back and could NOT find them (which i guess was good considering the recalls). We will hopefully be going out to shoot sometime soon. I went out last week and tried to persuade her into shooting the AR just for kicks and she would have no part at all in it. But as a previous reply listed.....i dont want to push her into shooting on a day that she simply doesnt have the nerve to. I dont mind taking my time with her or any inexperienced shooter, its not worth rushing. Although i have to get her over the fear of slide bite and of the simple concussion of the round going off. Thanks again for all of the helpful replies! ive actually showed her many of the replies from female members and i believe its increased her confidence.

It is curious that no one has mentioned the EAA/Tanfoglio "Pavona". This is gettable in a variety of calibers, and is the Tanfoglio compact Witness redesign for women. In 9mm, it is very easy to shoot and handle ergonomically, but for some, may be a little large for a ccw, unless the lady is using a handbag designed for the purpose. The redesign includes a smaller double stack for smaller hands, and spring mods which allow much easier slide jacking. The slide design is a clone of the CZ75 line, and thus reduces recoil. The capacity in 9mm, is 13+1, and for the fashion conscious, they offer a variety of colors. There are some good videos available on the www.eaacorp.com website. Check it out. My wife loves it.

Last edited:

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Taurus 731 Ultra-Lite, .32H&R.
    Light pistol, lite recoil and get 6 shots instead of 5 for same size cylinder.

Nick

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If she needs a gun with an easy to rack slide, I can recommend a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact pro. It is the gun I got for my wife a few years back because she could EASILY rack the slide. It is a very accurate little gun and has minimal recoil because of its all metal construction. Really nice trigger too. 13 round capacity.

Last edited:

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just an fyi update.....we ended up going to a range yesterday and got her to test a few different guns. A walther 380 (which I absolutely hated personally) a kahr .380 which I thought she Would like but ended up being a pos (wouldn't cycle the 2nd round and no I wasn't limp wristing although if in fact that was the situation then I surely wouldn't want that as her gun. However the feed ramp was extextremely dirty since it was a rental do that may have contributed). And lastly a glock 42 which she was able to rack the slide load the mag and shoot relatively effectively. I haven't ever been much of a glock person myself (just too boring) however it is a straightforward reliable and easy to maintain gun which is exactly what she needs. Unfortunately (due to time) we were unable to shoot a shield (which I personally love shooting) and were unable to shoot a revolver (they only had one .38 and another .357 and I'm rather certain a .357 wouldn't be what she wants aha). As of now though her favorite is the glock .42 and surprisingly I'm becoming a fan of it as well and if they get a comparable 42 sized model in 9mm I actually may buy myself one as well.

Top Bottom