• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The following question is not meant to slam the people that have OR the people that want to. I respect your choices.

Why would someone pay $1700 for a new TAVOR then pay $XX more for a 9mm (YAWN !!) kit,then pay $xx for the handguard/supressor thingy ??

What ......... so now you got $3000+ into a suppressed 9mm (still YAWN !! ).

A TAVOR that comes in 300BLK would pique my interest. This,for the $1700 initial price. I would not pay $1700 for the TAVOR then another $800 for the 300BLK kit. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    The following question is not meant to slam the people that have OR the people that want to. I respect your choices.

Why would someone pay $1700 for a new TAVOR then pay $XX more for a 9mm (YAWN !!) kit,then pay $xx for the handguard/supressor thingy ??

A TAVOR that comes in 300BLK would pique my interest. This,for the $1700 initial price. I would not pay $1700 for the TAVOR then another $800 for the 300BLK kit. --- SAWMAN

I agree with you Bill. It does not make a lot of sense, but it boils down to whatever floats your boat. If someone has the money to burn, then more power to them. It would be nice if Manitore Arms and Rat Worx developed a suppressor system for the 5.56 TAVORs. I would really consider buying one.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree that it is too expensive (especially for me) if u have to buy conversion then suppressor and let's not forget another $400 for the Geissele trigger..but let's be honest..people spend more for less a lot of times in the gun community..I saw a Ed Brown with scroll work that I thought was hideous yesterday for $5000..or a Salient "Glock" that runs $3000..and it's just 1 gun..at least with the set up above u have a 5.56 and a 9mm that is suppressed....it won't be in my safe anytime soon but I still think it's a cool idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

That's not 3k into a suppressed 9mm.

It's 3k into a rifle that will shoot 9mm AND 556 (with a barrel/bolt swap).

I'm not arguing that it's cheap by any means but Poff pointed out the obvious in the above post.

If you've got the coin and like the platform, you can shoot it for slightly cheaper. You'd have to shoot approx 8k rds to break even but some people do shoot that much.

Wondering if IWI is going to make you buy a "conversion" or if you can buy a Tavor that comes in 300 outright. The conversion should be cheaper than the 9mm since it's just a barrel swap.

I'm going to go shoot some steel cased ammo through a high end AR now.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    NOW ----> if Bruce (DAEZEE) would leave me his trigger pack to "tinker" with for a few days ....... who knows ?? I hear the packs are fairly cheap so if I got a TAVOR,I would pick one up just to "tinker" on. However I could not bring myself to pay $350 for the Geissele.

I mean .....? ..... mechanics are mechanics. I would be willing to bet that I could get it down <7lbs with positive reset. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is a neat setup, I wonder if the ATF will be ok with them selling the handguard and baffle stacks separately? Seems sort of like the SIG MPX debacle...

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I didn't have such a long wing span I would take a very serious look at a tavor, but unfortunately I can almost scratch my knees standing standing strait up so bullpups and I don't mix well at all. Your right Sawman, they could make a killing with a 300 blackout kit though. I'm personally not that big of a fan though, but I know a lot of other people are.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I didn't like the plasticky feel of it. Very very cool, much better than a "pistol" or SBR even. I hated the BUIS height, that was a pain. I've been tempted by the AUG, which feels much better, but in my time, I've learned to stick with things only in the configuration in which they were originally designed to work, but I don't feel like stocking another kind of magazine. JMO.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did I miss the sale...did he already get rid of the Tavor??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A real plus for the TAVOR is that you can get the short OAL and still get the performance of the 16(or18)inch bbl. The 5.56/223 rd loses quite a bit when you get down to the 7.5 - 10.5 inch length bbls. --- SAWMAN

Members online

Top Bottom