• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lil Stinkpot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somebody go get the yuppie repellant, there's a CA girl in town, and this hippie chick is packing. :D I was invited by a friend in here to come in and share some photos of a rather unique project that I've been working on.

The short version of why I'm even shooting is an interesting one, at least I think so. I lost the other half nearly two years ago, and had to move. I found an M1 carbine in the closet. I didn't know what to do, so I asked a friend at work that was providing a much-needed listening ear what to do with it. He gave several options, and one was to learn to use it, and he'll help. That's what I did. Eventually I bought a Ruger 10/22, and learned that, wow, the shotgun spatter ISN'T me! I soon after discovered what an Anschutz is.... heaven help me. I'm having a blast shooting little, itty, bitty holes in targets waaaay out at 50-100 yards. (OK, that's not very far, but it is to a .22)

Soooo, on that note, I'm off to the photos section to go post those promised photos.

Toodles! *waves*

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome! Just picked up an Anshutz myself. Please share feedback on ammo that it likes.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Folks, give a warm welcome to my buddy Katie! She showed me a photo of her project and I suggested, nay, demanded she post them here.

Shes in Kaliforni but don't hold that against her. And lest you old farts (Frank) get any ideas about her lack of knowledge let me give you a run down. She a machinist, into CAD, build a LOT of cool stuff, very innovative, is an accomplished wood craftsman, has an unsatiable curiosity about all things mechanical, animal, plant and mineral and when she decided to take up shooting she grabbed the hobby with all those assets high gear. If I could get her to move here she would be in heaven.

I met her original on the RC forum. Flying RC sail planes is another endeavor she grabbed and acceled in. Shes an accomplished sailplane builder and flyer (no small achievement), another tribute to her talents.

Oh, and she's also an accomplished sailor, having competed in off shore sailing events. She has a LOT to contribute.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome. We won't hold it against you where you lay your head at night.

Lil Stinkpot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jhunter, I can't say yet what the Annie likes best, not until I get a little better myself, and have a chance to get to know the different brands of ammo. I've only been shooting for a little more than a year. ;) Myself, I'm kind of fond of Eley, mostly for the semi-wadcutter bullets leaving little hole-punch holes in the targets. It also smells a lot like BBQ oysters. :D Right now I'm using Eley Club, which doesn't have the flat noses of the expensive types, but it's still very good ammo to practice with.

ETA: You can see in the prone pic the lower half of a little loading block box that I designed and then milled on an old manual Bridgeport. It now has a lid with a magnetic catch.

Attachments

• 04800C07-0696-4B59-88E9-317479EDA307_zps7rayczjk.jpg
      04800C07-0696-4B59-88E9-317479EDA307_zps7rayczjk.jpg
      162.8 KB · Views: 264
    • 08865128-38B0-4AF7-B6FB-737E8D286B86_zps46o7lec2.jpg
      08865128-38B0-4AF7-B6FB-737E8D286B86_zps46o7lec2.jpg
      131.9 KB · Views: 257

Lil Stinkpot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to fine pictures of the flip side. That's the plain side. It's a funny quirk about that stock. The other side is quilted.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Welcome to the forum. Great to see another lady shooter. Makes the shooting/hunting sports better for everyone.

I lived in the SF area for some time. Worked and traveled out of Ames Reserch Center in Mt. View. Lived where what is now Google and some others. Also in Menlo Park, Palo Alto,and Cuppertino over the years. Can't say as to now ... however ... back then,it was absolutely GREAT. --- SAWMAN

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Welcome to the Forum. I played golf for a week in Monterey, and after my third breakfast of fruit, flowers and nuts, I missed grits and was ready to come home.
    Glad you're here!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome !!! If you could exterminate all the gang bangers it would be great. :lever:

Top Bottom