• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    since were figuring out where the best whatever in town is, lets get down to what really matters. who has the best beer?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Shiner Bock.

Hop jacks and World of Beer have great selections though.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Old 27 down near me has a bunch of good ones on tap (including the Fairhope Brewing Company beers) and Mellow Mushroom in Spanish Fort actually has a pretty good selection as well. Of course, you can go sit and drink at the Fairhope Brewing Company, but they can't serve food.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i have had a few good ones at hopjacks. wheres the fairhope brewing co. at in fairhope?

It's on Nichols, just East of 98. Next time you're over this way, let me know. I owe you more than one beer!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mellow mushroom has a pretty solid selection. WOB too.

Stone IPA, Green Flash West Coast IPA.

Ritchey's East at 9th and Creighton has quite a bit. Believe it or not, the World Market will occassionaly get some hard to find stuff in.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mellow mushroom has a pretty solid selection. WOB too.

Stone IPA, Green Flash West Coast IPA.

Ritchey's East at 9th and Creighton has quite a bit. Believe it or not, the World Market will occassionaly get some hard to find stuff in.

I've had some good luck with World Market in the past as well. Especially with the "build your own 6 pack." If I'm stocking the fridge, the Piggly Wiggly in Fairhope has become my go-to. They have the best beer and wine selection around. I was skeptical when someone first told me that a year or so ago, but it's true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tom Thumb

I'll have to take issue with that Champ. Tom Thumb is NOT the best. Walmart is, and here's why:

18 packs of Corona are about $6.00 cheaper than TT

TT is self serve. You just put Corona on the shopping list when momma heads out the door for WallyWorldand your favorite beer mysteriously appears cold in your fridge. No effort, no exposing yourself to dumbasses at TT, no gas burned from your personal vehicle, no lugging that heavy carton to the truck and from the truck to the house, not to even mention opening that cardboard box and arranging the bottles in a satisfactory manner. Momma will automatically buy the biggest case (never a sixer or 12 pack) due to economy of numbers.

Nope, avoid TT. Its good for the economy (yours), its "green" (saved your gas), its efficient (let the old ball and chain do the running) and as a side benefit you don't run out in mid-bender.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had some good luck with World Market in the past as well. Especially with the "build your own 6 pack." If I'm stocking the fridge, the Piggly Wiggly in Fairhope has become my go-to. They have the best beer and wine selection around. I was skeptical when someone first told me that a year or so ago, but it's true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I don't drink much, but the build a 6, section of the Winn Dixie here has a great selection.

When I say not much I mean the wife and I split a beer with dinner on Friday's.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll have to take issue with that Champ. Tom Thumb is NOT the best. Walmart is, and here's why:

18 packs of Corona are about $6.00 cheaper than TT

TT is self serve. You just put Corona on the shopping list when momma heads out the door for WallyWorldand your favorite beer mysteriously appears cold in your fridge. No effort, no exposing yourself to dumbasses at TT, no gas burned from your personal vehicle, no lugging that heavy carton to the truck and from the truck to the house, not to even mention opening that cardboard box and arranging the bottles in a satisfactory manner. Momma will automatically buy the biggest case (never a sixer or 12 pack) due to economy of numbers.

Nope, avoid TT. Its good for the economy (yours), its "green" (saved your gas), its efficient (let the old ball and chain do the running) and as a side benefit you don't run out in mid-bender.

Yeah, but can you get a case of Natty Lite, balance it on your bicycle handle bars and wobble home while drinking a cold one?

Me neither, but it amazes me to watch.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What about Mic Ultra?

...not!

Ha, my daughter's fiancé drinks that swill and when we visit them, I bring my own beer. He doesn't seem to mind because he usually ends up drinking any unopened bottles that I leave.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Miller High Life for the Win. It's so tastee not all establishments can serve it, due to it being #1 and it sells out so quickly.....

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, but can you get a case of Natty Lite, balance it on your bicycle handle bars and wobble home while drinking a cold one?

Me neither, but it amazes me to watch.

And again I say "make the old broad fetch it". You do bring up a good point though: Travel issues. Safety second!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont drink much either. Just a 12 pack a day by myself.

I use to do that to wash down a bottle of Wild Turkey every week night. I quit in 94 after a couple of potentially bad incidents on back to back weekends; I drank hard on the weekends. It's just been the last couple of years I've wanted a beer; not much just a taste. And it has to be good beer; I prefer red ales and wheat ales.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom