• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just about done, changed up and went back to plan (A) I first wanted to use a berretta BM 59 gas system, and was unable to find one, after I got started, found one, Works great got a few finishing touch up to do to the metal and some stock work to do. Here are a couple of Pict. And yes I did this just because and wanted, a short easy to handle 308. The BM 59 system is more dependable then the M1- garand system. Was told by the barrel marker that they were looking at coming out with a 243 Win. short barrel. just my 5 cents jj

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's nice, I've been thinking of sending my Greek bring back to Shuff's for a Mini-G conversion.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nice job. I do not have a short .308 Garand, but I have something that is very similar.

Beretta/Sante Fe M-59

This thing is a blast to shoot and runs flawlessly. It is a perfect compliment to my 1943 Springfield Armory M1 Garand.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes that is nice, thought about doing one, but there is a lot work in getting the rec. milled out for the mag. Just easier to get a M1-A . bring it up and shoot some time. just my 5 cents jj

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Yes that is nice, thought about doing one, but there is a lot work in getting the rec. milled out for the mag. Just easier to get a M1-A . bring it up and shoot some time. just my 5 cents jj

They are a lot of work if you are doing a conversion. Sarco, Inc. has some BM-59 kits available (http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/bm59partsset.aspx). I was fortuante to find the imported version that was distributed back in the late 50s to early 60s. It actually made by Beretta, It was sold through Golden State Armory (CA) as the Sante Fe M-59. It does have the "PB" and "P. Beretta" stamps on the receiver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom