• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wimbledon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems like every issue I have with carrying always lies with my holster.

I carry a Glock 19, 23, or M&P series pistols.

The issue I'm having is that my holsters always ride really low. Sometimes, (with a belt on too) My pistol will almost be underneath my waistband.
    So, I'm looking for suggestions as to which kind of holsters would ride MUCH higher. So the weapon would actually be seated on my hip. I usually use single clip IWB holsters, and It's most comfortable for me to wear in the 5 o'clock position. I've been looking at a holster by Alien Gear. I'm just too afraid to shell out more money without suggestion.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Post a pic of your holster. With a single clip for retention, a 19 or 23 will make the pistol pivot and ride way low. Unless the clip is centered on the pistol, you may have to incorporate a 2nd clip.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get a nice hybrid from any of the 34563 companies that are making them now. You wont be disappointed. Well except for a Galco Kingtuck. IMO they suck balls.
    Contact Dave from HR Holster. He does good work and is a member on here from Navarre. Quality stuff at 1/2 the price of a Crossbreed

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use a alien gear holster, you can adjust to 3 different depths. Have really liked it. The 1 month wait for it is a little crazy though.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    could also be a belt problem... Make sure your belt is able to handle the load of a firearm without sagging too much. If it's just the holster, like stated above, there a numerous options out there. I have a comptac Minotaur MTAC and it doesn't move at all.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Remoras are great for belt less if your clothes fit right. As far as a belt, nylon is great for lighter guns, but a thick saddle leather one is hard to beat.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've had good luck with my FoxX Holster for my CM9. They are the same "hybrid" style as many others out there, and they run about $40. I believe it has 4 different height settings.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get a nice hybrid from any of the 34563 companies that are making them now. You wont be disappointed. Well except for a Galco Kingtuck. IMO they suck balls.
    Contact Dave from HR Holster. He does good work and is a member on here from Navarre. Quality stuff at 1/2 the price of a Crossbreed

What was your beef with the King Tuk? I have a few and wear one with my M&P Shield daily, I thought it was a good value at the $4x that I paid.

could also be a belt problem... Make sure your belt is able to handle the load of a firearm without sagging too much. If it's just the holster, like stated above, there a numerous options out there. I have a comptac Minotaur MTAC and it doesn't move at all.

I have several Mtacs, and like them very much, great holsters but expensive.

Great point about the belt, a good carry belt made a world of difference in carrying for me. When I made the change from regular cheap leather belts to a kydex reinforced Bladetech Looper leather belt, all of a sudden everything was much more comfortable to carry.

This summer I've been using a wilderness tactical instructors belt daily and at the range, and it is even better than the looper, but wouldn't look quite right in the fall when I have to go back to Khakis and Polo shirts.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry regularly both open & concealed a glock 22 or 23. I use a Fobus that I'm very happy with and a Galco leather for iwb. Both are excellent and typically I wear an OSOE belt or my heavy leather Dickies which works rather well in conjunction

Top Bottom