• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up a Ruger LC9S and figured i'd give it a quick review after shooting it for the first time.

Caliber 9MM
    Capacity 7+1
    Barrel length 3.12
    Barrel material Alloy Steel
    Barrel finish Blued

Unboxing: Okay to start off this gun came with two seven round mags which is perfect for my style of concealed carry. One mag is a flush fitting seven rounder and the second is a 7 rounder with a pinky extension (which I carry as my spare). The gun also came with a soft Ruger case and a dummy mag (NJ compliant) for takedown and dry fire practice. The gun also has a manual safety along with a trigger safety. It does not have the loaded chamber indicator which comes on a lot of other Ruger handguns. A lot of people here have probably shot the LC9 which got a lot of flak for the crappy trigger, but I believe the striker fire has completely fixed the trigger.

Range time: I was shooting standard Winchester white box 115 grain ammo in it. I started out 15 ft away (pictured target) and put 14 rounds into each box on the target. I was very surprised at the accuracy and how light the trigger pull was. For a small single stack 9mm it was very very controllable and comfortable in the hand. It grouped very well.

Nit pick: It does have a magazine release safety which is not a huge problem but I prefer not to have one. Also the slide to frame tolerance feels a little looser than I'm used to with some of my other guns. The take down of the gun is not bad but there is a very very small takedown pin that I foresee getting lost in the future.

Overall: Great new little gun. I would highly recommend this gun to anyone trying to find a quality single stack 9mm. I've carried Kahr cm9, Kahr Cw9, G26, g42, and this Ruger LC9S will be my new carry gun for the foreseeable future. If anyone has any questions on the LC9S let me know and ill see if I can answer them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      246 KB · Views: 354
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      172.1 KB · Views: 360

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got to handle one of those a week or two ago. Seems like a nice improvement to the LC9.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Did they fix the lose magazine feeling like on the lc9 everytime I load a mag it feels like it's gonna fall out and I find myself double slapping the mag to make sure it's locked in

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a LC9. It was a great shooter. I must have been one of the lucky ones. Yes the trigger pull was long but man it was smooth. Only thing I did not like was all the dang safety on it.

Top Bottom