• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd like to check out both places but for now, I have so much to do at the new house it'd be tough for me to stray too far until I get an interview at Baptist and start driving out that way. Hopefully next week.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    FWIW,

Both ranges are located very close to each other. Both on Quintette Rd. One West of the River, one East. ERGC is $120 for a year, plus the NRA membership (25?)

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The range master at the place I use is a real pain!!! He's always on my rear about my guns, safety this and safety that, his kids come out there to try to show me up all the time!!! I can't believe I put up w/ it, but the location is the best...out of the way and private so I reckon I'll deal w/ it!!!! Ohhhhhh that's right, sorry.....I am the range master!!!!

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What are your range fees and hr of operation, do you furnish ammo and loan firearms to use. The one I have been using is getting crowded and range master is getting hard to deal with and have quit furnishing ammo. 314 give me a call come shoot with me, I have a in with the range master. Just my 5 cents jj

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What are your range fees and hr of operation, do you furnish ammo and loan firearms to use. The one I have been using is getting crowded and range master is getting hard to deal with and have quit furnishing ammo. 314 give me a call come shoot with me, I have a in with the range master. Just my 5 cents jj

I've been to the range you use Jerome and I tell ya, old cantankerous range master is right!!! hahaha Ain't fair, you got more targets then me!!!! hahaah

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

hahahaha! that guy is something else!

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for your service. Where were you stationed in Korea?

I admit to being prejudiced - really like Escambia River Gun Club. Give me a call and I would enjoy taking you there.

Hours are 0800 to 1830 summer and 0800 to 1630 winter, Tuesday through Sunday. Open on Federal holidays that fall on Mondays
    Cost is $120 per year for you, the spouse and children under 18 living with you
    Can do rapid fire and draw from a holster
    Competition - IDPA, Cowboy Action (SASS), Muzzleloader (NMLA), & Military Rifle

Jeff
    Cell 850-207-0366

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome home and thank you for your service!
    ERGC (Escambia River Gun Club) is where I shoot. Weekdays are best. I rarely even have to share a bay with anyone but all the folks I've met there are very courteous. Numerous improvements have been made and it is a safe family friendly gun range. As Nate mentioned, range membership is less expensive than most. NRA membership required.
    Worth checking out. Nothing fancy, just a good and well run shooting range.

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Santa roas sucks I will not go back there after having it out with a RO about my AR
    ERGC is awesome the only way to go

From The Deep Woods

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you don't mind... What kind of issues did you have with the range officer and your AR? I take 3 or 4 with me every visit and haven't had a problem

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It wasn't really about it being a AR more that he just wanted to finger Fuck my rifle the charging handle was back dust cover was down and the bolt was clearly back no mag and he picked it up and started to walk way and play with it as it was his so I spun him around snatched it from him and very politely ask him what he thought he was doing he said he was checking to see if it was unloaded WTF

From The Deep Woods

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Fwiw, I've got buddies that had some rso run ins at ergc too. I don't have specific names or dates but it's not necessarily isolated to Santa Rosa. While rsos can such sometimes, my biggest issue with Santa Rosa is the crowds.

I still much prefer ERGC. The rsos in the last few months have all been polite and helpful (needed a screw driver one time). If you shoot more than once a month it's a better deal. If you're only going a few times a year, there's no reason to pay for the membership.

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And I know it's there job to keep it safe out there but say something ask someone if it's clear and if you can check it but do not just pick my shit up and walk off with it by no means

I would not have a problem if he would have said something

From The Deep Woods

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the TGD shoot on Sunday and the RO disappeared. After about 15min I had to act like the RO and call the range cold. I let everyone know I was going the safety check their guns. I did it 2 more times over the next 30min. The original RO never came back once he noticed that I was doing it. Once I moved to the rifle range he finally went back to check the pistol range.

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what range was it at

From The Deep Woods

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ERGC sounds decent. A family emergency has come up (grandmother probably has terminal cancer) so while I'm still interested in checking out the range, I might have to put it on hold for a couple weeks. Also still getting the new house in order and probably boarding some inbound family members. On top of that, I'm still trying to get call backs from Baptist Hospital about jobs and I have an appointment to start the fasttrack on my concealed permit.

With all that happening, I'm still getting itchy for some shooting. Rapid fire pistol at least.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You are welcome to come , no issue with fees,, RO and other people must of the time, if I can kept Jason away, he is behind on his range fees, Just my 5 cents jj

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what range was it at

From The Deep Woods

Santa Rosa Shooting Center.. Its not a bad range but it gets over crowded on the weekends. I got lucky. Work has its own range with nothing but a $20 yearly range fee. It is always quiet there and it has a 75yd pistol range and a 350yd rifle range.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are welcome to come , no issue with fees,, RO and other people must of the time, if I can kept Jason away, he is behind on his range fees, Just my 5 cents jj

You can take my range fee's outta my paycheck Jerome....hahaha

flowman007

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Best range around here is K&M Shooting Center hands down.

If anyone ever wants to go check it out or maybe even setup a range day for TGD let me know and I'll see what I can do. It is members only, but we can take guests. No r.o.'s, and you can shoot anything you want. multiple 1000 yrd ranges all with steel and multiple pistol pits as well.

www.kmshootingcenter.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom