• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got out of the Army and moved my family and myself back to the Panhandle. Milton to be exact. I've been through Korea, Germany, Afghanistan, Texas, Arizona, etc., but there's nothing like being back home for good.

So I'm looking for a range now to become a regular at. I'm looking for:

Fair prices. Maybe a little range store.
    Outdoor preferred, some shade is nice.
    Safe, but I like to be left alone. Not always being told when to go hot and when to go cold.
    Spots to shoot ARs, pistols, shotguns, etc.
    A zeroing lane would be nice, and some longer range lanes. Maybe 100 yards at least.

My main thing is being left alone, having my space and not having to deal with anyone who thinks they're the world's leading expert on shooting.

I'm in Milton, and willing to drive to Pensacola, Jay, Pace, Munson, Gulf Breeze, Baker, etc.

So, what say y'all?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only way your not going to have someone breathing down your neck. When I lived out that way I was a member of ERGC and it was pretty quiet on the weekdays though. Nice little range

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Welcome Home! I shoot in DFS, Bullet and Bones, during the week you are alone most of the time, nice store, covered benches, 0-70 pistol, 100-300 rifle

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I shoot at Santa Rosa Shooting Center, I usually go during the week so I can have my space.
    Pistol 7,15,25. Rifle 25,50,100. Trap, skeet, 5 stand, and a nice sporting clays course. A bunch of us will be there Sunday.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for your service!

All those are the reasons I do not go t public ranges. Fortunately I have a friend whom has property that has an old shooting range on it that no one goes to, so I can take my time and not be bothered. It's a little farther to drive but worth it.

HayesGreener

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Escambia River Gun Club is best if you want to shoot rifle and pistol. Get a membership and no daily fees. Santa Rosa Shooting Center has rifle and pistol but is a first class operation for shotgun sports. If you like skeet the Santa Rosa Skeet Club shoots Wednesday mornings and Sunday mornings and newcomers are always welcome.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ergc is going to be cheaper than the Santa Rosa range. I get out there about once a week mid day and it's usually quiet enough that I have a whole range to myself

If you don't want to drive to Pensacola. I can get most anything TGD can get if you don't mind the wait. I'm not setup for impulse buyers. I don't have much on hand but I'm willing to bet I'll be a little cheaper.

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can you get me a Colt Marine 1911, or a Browning Hi Power, or a KSG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +2 on Nate at Little Jacks. Always had the best prices around when I was looking for something

TGD Firearms

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will take the high road here and let my business model and reputation speak for itself.

Choppa6

40 Watt Phased Plasma Rifle
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shoot at Santa Rosa most of the time, but ERGC has the shooting matches that I love. Both are awesome in their own rite! Check em all out and make yer own decisions. On a side note: A lot of us will be at Santa Rosa this coming Sunday. Come on out, and mention TGD for a discount at the register.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I think both you guys are great, but the OP is moving to Milton, so proximity because of gas prices would be key to me at least. We love all our Vendors here and thank you for supporting the forum.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Can you get me a Colt Marine 1911, or a Browning Hi Power, or a KSG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer, No. I just checked my distributors.

The Marine is high demand and high dollar. I don't do enough business to get a whack at a Marine 1911 from my distributors. With that said. Even if I could get one, I couldn't save you any money on it. An item that much is going to have a significant amount of sales tax with it. It would be cheaper for you to order online or through Gunbroker and have it shipped in for a transfer.

I might be able to get you a Hi Power but it's a similar situation as the Marine.

I've got KSGs on backorder but don't expect them any time soon.

With current pricing online and having to charge sales tax on items, it's difficult to make any money AND save you some. On firearms (unless I have a direct account with the manufacturer) it's usually cheaper for the customer to go the transfer route. Perusing slickguns.com will yield lots of deals that are below my dealer cost, some by 3 digits.

I'm not going to sell you something if I know you can get it cheaper some place else (within reason, I can't keep track of all the sales on the web).

As I stated earlier, I don't have the capital to have one of everything on hand so you can finger it and buy it right away (if I did, my pricing would have to be higher). BUT, if you're willing to wait, I should be able to save you some coin. If not, I'll tell you where to buy it.

Back to the low road.

Top Bottom